autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1995 Hyundai Accent with Menzerna SIP & Glaze

Decided to try out my recently acquired Menzerna SIP, Finishing Glaze, and OP.
    This is my son's 1995 Hyundai Accent with over 120K miles on it. Hasn't been washed for almost a year!! There was bird poop, road tar, scratches (some were deep and I don't wetsand), dings and dents!
    Wash
    DP 4-in-1 Rinseless Wash with White/Yellow Shmitt, and Black Wheel Shmitt.
    The Black Shmitt helped remove most of the tough crap.

Clay
    Mother's Clay with DP 4-in-1 for lube

Wheels/Tires
    Amazing Roll-Off for wheel wells and tires. (Thanks Sparkie). Brown crap was flowing!!
    Wheels were hubcaps that were scraped and scratched. Couldn't do anything but just clean them.

Trim
    DG #321 Non-Silicone Tire Dressing. Side-mirror housings were tore up, peeling and gouged! They were discolored and looked grey with a beige/tan tint. Got them back to darker grey but not black.

Polish
    Used my new toys. Menzerna SIP with a touch of OP (thanks Al-53) with PC, on Orange 4" CCS pad. Finished LSP ready. Temp was 81 with 35% humidity. I was working in half sun/half shade. I was surprised with the SIP/OP combo. Very little dusting!! Much, much less than XMT 3. Big Al's tip about adding a pea-sized drop of OP helped! Car was badly swirled. I suck at taking pics, so only 1 pic really showed it. I'd say 85-90% of swirls were removed.

LSP
    First applied Menzerna Finishing Glaze on Grey 4" CCS pad. Love the shine and wetness it gave the paint. I found it a little difficult to remove. I worked each panel before removing. Working outdoors was probably the culprit! XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze was easy to remove, having used it before. However, the Menzerna Glaze did not absorb into the pad, the way XMT did.
    Topped it all with PB Natty's Wax by hand. Used Red CCS applicator pad. Went on easy and came of easy. Worked each panel using WOWO method.

I began at 10:30am and finished at 4pm. I'm aching now! The car looks alot better than it did. After putting my stuff away, I remembered that I didn't touch the headlights!! Oh well! I just vacuumed and wiped down the interior. It's alot cleaner than what it was, but not detailed. Therefore, no interior pics. Also used DG #371 Absorb-It Odor Eliminator. It gave a nice clean scent. Nothing overpowering or flowery. Almost like after a rain with a hint of fabric softener.
    I'm happy with my Menzerna products, Optimum Polish and my 4" CCS pads for my PC. Sorry such a long post. Here are some pics.

BEFORE

Swirls
    After Menzerna SIP

Last edited by alban61; 06-24-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    AFTERS

Thanks for looking. Comments/Suggestions and constructive criticism welcome.
    Last edited by alban61; 06-24-2007 at 05:21 PM.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a great turn around!! The car looks like new, if we don`t mention the dents Bet you love menzerna to? Very good alban61!
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    car looks great... only problem is your layout of pics. up and down is alot easier to follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turnaround

And yes up and down is easyer
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the compliments!
    I don't understand about the pics? It's going up and down for me? Not side to side.
    Alban B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Up and down here to..
    Audi Allroad Quattro
    VW Jetta 4 TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Truls and Dust2Glory. I went back into the Editor Mode and corrected it. Hopefully, it's up and down now for the rest of you.
    Alban B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    What a shock scrolling down to the "afters". That looks great. You really jeweled it.
    What's the Folex you used? The carpet stuff? A new trick for wheels/tires?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jimmie! Yup! The Folex is the carpet stuff. Oh Crap!! I meant to put Amazing Roll-Off!!! Sheeesh!! Thanks for catching that. I'll have to edit it.
    Alban B-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast