autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 03 911 Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

03 911 Turbo

The owner should be e-mailing me a few whole car shots within a few days, since there was no good light when I was done...
    The owner first contacted me after a shop charged him $200 and he wasn't happy with the detail... at first I assumed they skipped a few things, like vacuuming certain places, one or 2 windows were left dirty, etc...
    NOPE... just take a look at the before shots...

Oh and I took the first 3 before shots to show how dumb it looks when a before photo like my before #4 is posted, then an after photo like my before #1... car looks amazing, but when you scroll down :shocked :hairpull

Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Process: The car ended up about 90-95% perfect since it looked like the previous detailer used a very abrasive polish and I had no clue how much of the clear coat he actually took off...
    there were holograms everywhere and many of the swirls looked like they came from a "great" rotary job...
    the owner and I agreed initially to take it easy on the cc and make it as good as possible, and once I saw the actual previous "job", it made the decision to leave out #84 and/or #85 even easier

anyway...

Wash: Meg's Gold Class, wheels got wheel brightener 4:1
    Dry: Cali blade and meg's water magnet
    Clayed with Meg's Smooth Surface clay
    Polish:
    Meg's #83 orange pad rotary @ 1500 RPM
    FPII LC white pad via rotary @ 1200 RPM
    Zymol Carbon on top (first time using it)

Meg's Hyper Dressing on all exterior trim and wheel wells 2:1
    Meg's NXT on tires
    KSG on wheels
    Mother's on exhaust tips
    Plexus, iirc, on clearbra

Interior:
    Vacuumed everything
    Meg's hyper dressing on all interior plastic/trim/vynil 2:1
    Lexol on leather

Stoner IG on glass inside & out

Took a little over 8 hours
    Last edited by Ivan Rajic; 06-20-2007 at 02:46 AM.
    Chicago, Illinois
    Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow bro, nice turn around on the paint. Did he get his money back from the first detailer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Wow bro, nice turn around on the paint. Did he get his money back from the first detailer?
    After washing the car, drying, then looking at it in the sun and taking some shots... the owner came out and I simply said that he got cheated in a huge way... usually I could understand some places charging $50-80 for their "full detail" and getting these results, but I found it unacceptable to pay $200 and get this...

I told the owner he should go back to the shop with these before after shots and also show them the car, requesting at least a portion of his hard earned money back... I believe he mentioned that they were a little too far from him... he orginally went there because someone from a detailing forum suggested the place... I forgot the name of the shop but it's somewhere in the southwest burbs of Chicago iirc...
    Chicago, Illinois

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great mean...wat camera u got?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    After washing the car, drying, then looking at it in the sun and taking some shots... the owner came out and I simply said that he got cheated in a huge way... usually I could understand some places charging $50-80 for their "full detail" and getting these results, but I found it unacceptable to pay $200 and get this...

I told the owner he should go back to the shop with these before after shots and also show them the car, requesting at least a portion of his hard earned money back... I believe he mentioned that they were a little too far from him... he orginally went there because someone from a detailing forum suggested the place... I forgot the name of the shop but it's somewhere in the southwest burbs of Chicago iirc...
    I'm glad you were able to correct his paint. Wonder what detailer forum it was?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Very nice...that black looks fantastic....the paint looks very level...very nice correction work....you did a fine job....

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh snap that is one fine looking vehicle, the bofore where bad!! Just bad!! I can't belaeve he paid for swirls? Man a little education goes a long way if you ask me but you sure did a great job on the vehicle. At least the owner now know's how a good job should look like and what to expect when he drops that kind of coin on a detailing.

Question for you, how did you like using the Zymol Carbon?

Thanks for sharing the vehicle looks very nice, I like detailing black the results are incredable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottgt
    looks great mean...wat camera u got?
    I recently purchased a Canon S3 IS... I absolutely love the camera. It's probably not even close to SLR quality, but it's a lot better than my old s500 or sd500... It has adjustable aperture and shutter settings, along with a few other settings like portrait, nightshot, etc... I'm still playing with it but my favorite thing about it is Super Macro... you can basically put the lens on top of an object, and as long as there's no shake, and enough light is coming in, it'll take a perfectly detailed picture that close... this is what happened with the last shot above, lens was laying on the paint right next to the badge

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I'm glad you were able to correct his paint. Wonder what detailer forum it was?
    autopia... I told the owner to definitely post his experience on that forum, since even one job like this shouldn't go unnoticed

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    Very Nice!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al-53
    Very Very nice...that black looks fantastic....the paint looks very level...very nice correction work....you did a fine job....

AL
    Thanks... btw AL, I was going to write you a PM but forgot... I found the Brinkmann and bought 2 locally... thanks a lot for the offer though

Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Oh snap that is one fine looking vehicle, the bofore where bad!! Just bad!! I can't belaeve he paid for swirls? Man a little education goes a long way if you ask me but you sure did a great job on the vehicle. At least the owner now know's how a good job should look like and what to expect when he drops that kind of coin on a detailing.

Question for you, how did you like using the Zymol Carbon?

Thanks for sharing the vehicle looks very nice, I like detailing black the results are incredable.
    I told the owner after how to properly take care of it as well, and he seems like he knows a lot since he has a couple buckets with sonus drying towels and car wash

Honestly, and this will sound very weird, but I like using KSG more than the Zymol.
    The reason is this... I can apply KSG over the whole car, let it sit while I go around doing this and that, then come back, and just moisten a towel with QD, wipe with it, then wipe with dry towel... DONE....
    The Zymol says don't wait for it to dry, so I would do half a panel, then wipe off... problem here was I didn't know when it was "not-dry" enough... when removing, you have to buff it a little more than usual to get rid of all the extra wax... overall I liked the look of it and it was very easy to apply... waiting/not waiting to take it off and taking it off was a bit tougher like I said
    Chicago, Illinois

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast