autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 S450...a black tie event!

Another nice one Richy!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    As usual Richy your work is amazing.

Sorry maybe I missed it, but what did you use for the filling in the rock chips.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment! I used the MB touch up kit. It comes with the black base and one with clear. I don't use the clear, just the base. I am using very little. If it was my own car and had more time, I might try to use both, but you'd probably end up having to level the clear with Langka or wet sanding it.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Watching your work over time has become a ritual for me, it's like watching your favorite show wondering what the next chapter will bring. Each time I am in awe of all the services you perform and the perfection you demand of yourself in order to accomplish them. This time you have outdone even yourself! Perfection thy name is Richy.

Age & health have sidelined me but I can still enjoy detailing through you and others that do such outstanding work and excellent documentation.......Thanks
    Rick, good Lord man, you humble me! That is extremely kind and I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an encouraging post! I pray that my body stays up to the challenge in the next decade as I wind down my Police career and transition to detailing on a regular basis. Thanks again Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Another nice one Richy!
    Thanks very much Al!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work.

Can you tell me more about the D7100.....

I was looking at the pictures closely...... some of them seem kinda blurry and kinda "blue".

How do you like the camera overall?

I am looking to pick one up in a day or so. Going between the D7000 and D7100.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
    Excellent work.

Can you tell me more about the D7100.....

I was looking at the pictures closely...... some of them seem kinda blurry and kinda "blue".

How do you like the camera overall?

I am looking to pick one up in a day or so. Going between the D7000 and D7100.
    Thanks. I had just got the camera in my hands when I took those pics and hadn't had a chance to set anything up on it, so I'm afraid the shots weren't nearly as good as they could have been. I have since watched several tutorials on the D7100 and I am confident I'll be rocking with it from now on. Depending on your timing, you might want to wait till the next model so the price drops on the 7100. I got mine on ebay, and if you do your research on there, there are some good deals to be had. Most of the reviews I saw said that the 7100 was worth the money to invest over and above the 7000. I hadn't upgraded in 5 years, so I was ready. I do find that the shutter release button is much faster than my old D3000...maybe that's why I got some blurry ones? I have adjusted the eyepiece for my glasses too, so hopefully when shooting in manual, I have it locked on in focus. I do heartily recommend the D7100. I am very glad I've got mine. I haven't tried any videos with it yet either. I am looking forward to playing with it a lot more. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thanks. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work...as always. BUT, IR lights, huh? How does this work? Where do you get them, can they be used for Opti-Coat as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic job! Love to see a black car done right!

Hey Richy, what chip filling method did you use that allowed you to polish on it overnight?

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigez View Post
    Nice work...as always. BUT, IR lights, huh? How does this work? Where do you get them, can they be used for Opti-Coat as well?
    The IR lights are definitely a nice-to-have and not a need to have. Both CQ and CQF will cure without, just slower. To answer your question, I got it HERE. And, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Fantastic job! Love to see a black car done right!

Hey Richy, what chip filling method did you use that allowed you to polish on it overnight?
    Thanks very much! I fill them with a pointy toothpick and allowed it to cure overnight. Sometimes it won't work and the heat of the compounding will pull them out...I had that happen recently but don't recall the car offhand. The key is to use a SMALL amount of paint so that 1) you don't have a "blob" and 2) allows for more thorough drying. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Thanks very much! I fill them with a pointy toothpick and allowed it to cure overnight. Sometimes it won't work and the heat of the compounding will pull them out...I had that happen recently but don't recall the car offhand. The key is to use a SMALL amount of paint so that 1) you don't have a "blob" and 2) allows for more thorough drying. Hope that helps.
    You have to have some masterful hands to pull that off because the heat and the compounding normally pull my repairs out ...... unless I go with a 2 step repair (paint and acrylic clear OR paint and 2 part urethane spray clear), which I let cure for a week.

Kudos to you..... I always enjoy your Show and Shine. Truly an asset to AGO

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Did you apply the Cquartz Finest over the spots you touched up with paint?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast