autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

klasse is in the house

My twins arrived today and I am ready to start using them. Any advice is welcome as I have never used it before. I have been watching videos and have a good game plan. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: klasse is in the house

Two thoughts.

1) Think thin! When applying either product, if you can plainly see it, your're using too much, but it does show up on darker colors. My 16.9 oz bottles have lasted nine years.

2) Keep the surface cool. I did my car this past weekend, and even though I was in a shaded garage the temps were above 80. I noticed that the SG was harder to get off at times than I experienced working in cooler temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO is pretty easy to use and works great. Keep it thin and you'll be fine. Using a DA makes it easy too.

Klasse high gloss sealant is a bit more difficult. Apply it whisper thin or you be rubbing your paint a long time. I like to use a microfiber applicator to apply. Moisten the applicator with a QD then put a thin line down the middle or slant it and spread it like butter over the entire face of the applicator. Work a section at a time until you barely see any product at all on the surface. If you clearly see it on the surface then you used too much. Apply to the entire car then wipe down with a microfiber. If you have any streaked areas just spray them with an acrylic QD and that should help remove them.

Great products once you get the application down. I hope this helps.
    We are the music makers....and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the twins for the first time this weekend and even after trying to apply the SG ohh-so-very-thin, it still was hard to buff off in places. In retrospect I "could" have gone thinner but I guess I was worried that there was nothing going on the paint. I understand why people recommend several quotes, because then you don't have to worry about missing any areas due to applying to thin. You can feel the areas that have taken the SG.

Post Thanks / Like

Use a quick detailer to remove the sealer after it's done curing, it makes it much easier to remove. Ivan R posted a great fyi on this.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

All the previous advice given about applying this product very thin is also advised by me as well. I have put it on too heavy in the past and it is not easy to buff off!

I do like the longevity of the product once applied, however. Best of luck for good results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinwhiskers View Post
    Klasse AIO is pretty easy to use and works great. Keep it thin and you'll be fine. Using a DA makes it easy too.

Klasse high gloss sealant is a bit more difficult. Apply it whisper thin or you be rubbing your paint a long time. I like to use a microfiber applicator to apply. Moisten the applicator with a QD then put a thin line down the middle or slant it and spread it like butter over the entire face of the applicator. Work a section at a time until you barely see any product at all on the surface. If you clearly see it on the surface then you used too much. Apply to the entire car then wipe down with a microfiber. If you have any streaked areas just spray them with an acrylic QD and that should help remove them.

Great products once you get the application down. I hope this helps.
    This is perfect. The only other thing I can add is using a travel size spritz bottle to apply the ksg to avoid over saturating the applicator

Sent from my HTCONE using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tswitz View Post

I do like the longevity of the product once applied, however. Best of luck for good results!

I question the longevity. A couple weeks ago, I applied a coat of AIO on the headlights, and they are starting to oxidize again. I have never sanded the lights. Only polished with meguiars headlight polish, just enough to remove the yellow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pman626 View Post
    I question the longevity. A couple weeks ago, I applied a coat of AIO on the headlights, and they are starting to oxidize again. I have never sanded the lights. Only polished with meguiars headlight polish, just enough to remove the yellow
    Klasse AIO has never worked well as a polish in that manner for plastics in my experience. I try to avoid putting AIO on my headlights. I've also had questionable results with the AIO on other plastic area's like the base of outside mirrors or the pain on wiper arms. I've learned not to use it there.

Also, the AIO itself doesn't last very long. It's the Sealant Glaze that's the kicker. One coat of AIO and one coat of SG and I'll easily have water beading on the surface 6~7 months later. I'll hit the entire car with SG to include lights and trim. It will protect everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Also, the AIO itself doesn't last very long. It's the Sealant Glaze that's the kicker. One coat of AIO and one coat of SG and I'll easily have water beading on the surface 6~7 months later. I'll hit the entire car with SG to include lights and trim. It will protect everything.

i didn't know that.

how long is not very long?

my car is parked outside all the time, and nothing lasts even a month on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast