autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Waxxon Spa : Ferrari 458 italia

**PART 1**

Sorry for being late, its just with the Grand Prix, I have so many car to take care of ! Everyone wants to shine so with that said, enjoy this new Ferrari bought 2 month ago. As you will see there’s quite a few swirls that shouldn’t be on the car so I doubt the quality of the new car prep from the Ferrari was on par with what we should expect for such a nice car or bad washing technique.

Pour une auto qui n’a que 2-3 mois, je suis un peu décu de voir autant de scratchs et cheveux d’ange à corriger. Ce qui me laisse croire que la préparation du véhicule au concessionnaire n’a pas été bien fait ( ce qui fut confirm&#233 et que possiblement l’auto ne fut pas lavé correctement.

Process:

3-step polish including the new menzerna compound FG400
    Then I cleansed the paint with Raceglaze Pink paint cleanse
    And applied a coat of Raceglaze Special Reserve wax.
    Tire were shined with Sanszo Tire shine
    Trim were treated with Raceglaze color enhance
    Wheels and calliper were sealed with Raceglaze Wheel sealant
    Aquapel on windows.
    Carbon fiber interior were cleaned with CG blacklight and then givin a coat of RG Special Reserve
    Engine bay cleaned using a steamer and protected with JET LAG.

Car did the bullrun so sticker had to go. Problem was sticker on the clear bra, We ( owner and I) had to be carefully not to damage the clear bra while removing the sticker.

Pour les vinyls fallait seulement faire attention au film protecteur installer à l’avant du véhicule pour ne pas l’endommager.

Inspecting the defect to be removed:

Gosh… you saw this ? Sanding mark and pigtail around corner light, I saw these mark this and there around the paint. Very unfortunate, if you ask me. But that’s good news for me ; All Ferrari owner should come see me to have these removed

Ça me fait un peu mal au coeur de voir une voiture de cette valeur avec des marques de sablage aussi flagrantes. Nous pouvions les voir sur les deux cotés des lumières. Disons que j’aurais pensé que soit à l’usine ou au dealer, on aurait vu ces défauts et les corriger, mais bon, pas grave, ça fait plus de job pour moi

Other side:

We tried to mask as much as possible. Suck that I forgot to bring my larger masking tape, had to do multiple small line:

Paint was quite thick so I had lots of paint to play with in order to remove the pigtails:

La peinture est pas mal épaisse ce qui laisse assez de largesse pour polir les marques de sablages sans bruler.

Corection after doing the 3-step polish:

If some pigtail are still present, its very minimal:

S’ils en reste quelqu’un, ils sont très minimal et réduit à un point qu’ils ne seront pas visible.

Wax of the day ; our exclusive wax blend giving long-term durability with the wet-look of a carnauba .

La cire du jour ; Notre mélange exclusive qui offer une durabilité égale à un scellant, mais avec le look mouillé d’un carnauba. Le meilleur des deux monde.

Sublime !

A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxxon Spa : Ferrari 458 italia

I like this black/yellow shot. Make it quite stealth, you only notice the yellow.

These holes, while not being as hard to polish as the one on the ford GT, were still one of the harder hole to polish :

Ces troues fut assez dure à polir, pas autant qu’une Ford GT, mais quand même tout un challenge.

Ready to take off!

At this point the owner asked for a lift to transfer the car to take care of small touch-up so he asked to follow him ( well….. I tried haha!) to the shop and took more picture there:

À ce moment, le propriétaire m’a demandé un lift pour transferer l’auto vers un autre garage pour recevoir des retouches de peintures avant l’exposition.

We then put the car under his cover for the night:

And then I came back the following morning to detail a Mercedes Benz slk550 so I took the time to snap more picture for all the sceptical out there asking for outside shot

Le jour suivant je suis revenue prendre quelques photos vue que j’étais de passage pour polir une autre voiture qui sera exposé lors du Grand Prix, une Mercedes benz slk550.

Know someone who own a Ferrari ? Don’t hesitate to refer me to receive the same service as this sweet 458 italia !

Vous connaissez un propriétaire de Ferrari ? N’hésitez pas à me référer pour recevoir les mêmes soins que celle-ci.

Beeing wrapped again.

This car will be exposed this week-end for the F1 grand prix , come see it.

Cette voiture sera exposé pour le Grand Prix de Montréal ce week-end. Je vous invite à venir voir ce beau bolide.

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010

Post Thanks / Like

PART 2 only in french, sorry!

Un léger argument est survenue lorsque la voiture est arrive et je lui avait dit que la peinture était pas mal rough pour une voiture neuve fraichement detailed par le dealer.. Il me disait que c’était que de la saleté.

Une fois lavée l’auto est moins rough, mais quand même de loin acceptable pour voiture si récente de cette valeur. Alors, j’ai décidé de polir son toit 50/50, il n’en revenait pas!! La peinture était lisse lisse, le rouge plus vif, une méchante différence pour une voiture, qui je le rappelle une dernière fois, sortait du dealer il y a que quelques mois ( genre 2-3). Malheureusement, nous avions originalement booké que pour un shampoing moteur et intérieur. Donc, je finirais l’extérieur, juste à temps pour le Grand prix.

Le dit toit une fois ciré :

Encore une fois, pour une voiture qui a rouler peu, on peut pas s’attendre à un intérieur bien sale. Donc, voici un simple detailing de l’intérieur.

J’ai poli le carbon et ensuite donné une couche de cire.

Scotchguard /protection tissus fut appliqué à l’intérieur

Poli à métal :

Juste le toit qui est poli à ce moment :

Et pour l’engine bay, on a utilisé un steamer et les produits protecteurs Raceglaze pour la tache :

Incluant JET LAG qui offre une protection de haute température sur tous les métaux. Un très bon produit.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on a great job mate !

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me that although Ferraris don't have to be red, they're SUPPOSED to be red. Great work on the detail. I can't even imagine what it's like to work on something so iconic.

Post Thanks / Like

Simply amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Stellar car.

Post Thanks / Like

Something a little unfortunate happened to this Ferrari a month ago, right before the Montreal Grand-prix. So here’s the story, I detailed the car a couple days before the festivities of the Grand Prix. However, the owner had 1-2 stone-chip that he wanted fixed. Hopefully, before being exposed in the street. He also had a stain UNDER the clear bra. The shop decided to remove the clear bra so the stain wouldn’t show, but in the process, the hood got destroyed. Really bad, to a point where the guy tried to correct it with a compound and barely did a correction. More advanced, I took a try and after 30 minute, I said : screw that, we will have no choice than to wet-sand. What bugs me is that the car got exposed 1 day before the day it was suppose and thus everyone who saw the car saw the destroyed hood and well... I take pride of the detail I do and anyone could’ve of thought that I did this to the hood which kinda annoyed me.

Process:
    Fully wet-sanded by hand ( should’ve done it by machine for quicker result, I guess. But at 12 hours from the show, I didn’t want to make a fatal mistake in short of a time and on such an expensive and beautiful car)

Then, I fully polished the hood to remove all those sanding marks + had to polish the fender because they were quite scratched because I suspect the guys leaned over the fender to work the hood.
    Finally, I did a quick refresh inside, washed the whole car and waxed it to be ready for the week-end.

See how it went.

Initial condition:

I tried polished it but couldn’t get really any better than this:

Here you can see the inexperienced guy trying to correct the damage.. barely did any correction and left holograms instead just to make it worse.

So I went ahead and wet-sanded the whole thing:

Look better isn’t it?

..but lets take a closer look if you don’t mind!

This was after compounding.. lots of refinishing was needed.
    Getting glossier and glossier now:

And then... when I was really into my zone.. I got a surprise.. this guy came in for more correction after flying back and forth from Montreal to Monaco to montreal with not so pretty water marks..

Whatever, even tho, I felt ultra rushed, when you work on sweet cars like this, you can’t just be pissed and not smile for the camera hahaha

So after I was done with the Bugatti ( which I had only about 1h15 to wash, remove water marks and make it shine the best I could), I washed the Ferrari

I used Sans-ZO leather cleaner for the interior.

Look at this steering wheel. I almost felt like a F1 driver haha

I like how glossy Definitive wax number one is so I used this stuff on all carbon parts:

Once waxed:

Then, I realised when I took my shot that I left a bit of wax right in front of my lens!

And then well... I had another car to take care of:

She received a full wash and wax job. Wow that was a busy day!

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

As long as you see it before the big show, it’s alright

Wheel color are great:

All done: