autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A shiny red Audi, and a new owner turned into a proper detailer! 2004 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    Wow Zach cool story!

That car looks great for its age for sure. That's a very wet looking red! As always great job
    ^Yup, it is hard for me to think of it as a 9 year old car because it looks so great!

Quote Originally Posted by triplejumper18 View Post
    Very nice job!
    ^Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by octane View Post
    Great job! what did you use on the muffler tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shtexas View Post
    The car looks great. I'm detailing a Dolphin Grey S4 this weekend and I'd like to know how you polished those tips up too.
    ^^Thanks guys! Sorry - I always seem to forget a few steps when I write these threads!! The exhaust tips were cleaned with Chemical Guys Metal Polish + Protection. I polished the tips and mufflers by hand using a black microfiber towel, and then wiped the polish away with a clean microfiber towel. Simple as that!

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    Nice work!

That red paint looks wet!
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Like always, fantastic work
    ^Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
    very nice work!

I have a side question for you if you don't mind.

Do you find that when you have to inspect the car outside (when there are no garage) brinkmann maxfire light does the job really well? I'm deciding whether to purchase one or not since I cannot see swirls sometimes with my 1000W halogen lights or in the sun
    ^My opinion is that the brinkmann is not strong enough to compete with the sunlight. I always inspect cars in a garage, and typically in dim lighting so that I can concentrate the beam of light from my brinkmann or halogen shop lights directly on the area that I am inspecting. Sunlight can work great if you are working on a darker paint color, but I find lighter colored vehicles to be too bright to stare at in the sunlight so it would be hard to properly inspect them outside.... so I guess what I am saying is I don't think the brinkmann would help much out in bright sunlight (cloudy skies or night time would be OK), but it works very well in a garage environment.

Quote Originally Posted by steamshooter View Post
    Very nice indeed! Great work.
    ^Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TH3M B0N3Z View Post
    Damn, Zach, every car you work on and every picture you take all look absolutely perfect, pristine... I can't think of any other words, lol. Great job.
    ^They are far from perfect, but always an improvement! Thank you though!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A shiny red Audi, and a new owner turned into a proper detailer! 2004 Audi S4

Nice work, that red really pops now!

Post Thanks / Like

You really make me want to detail red car now! That paint looks so deep and reflective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Nice work, that red really pops now!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by noslef View Post
    You really make me want to detail red car now! That paint looks so deep and reflective.
    I have never been a huge fan of red (for my own personal vehicles), but after doing a few of them over the past couple of months, I have a new appreciation for the bright red color. It looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Zach. Those B-pillars are super easy to swirl up compared to the rest of the car. I would strongly suggest that they get some opti-coat or similar coating to make them a bit more scratch resistant - I did my car and the wife's and haven't looked back.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you mind telling what tools and products you did use to clean and polish the exhaust tip? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Nice work Zach. Those B-pillars are super easy to swirl up compared to the rest of the car. I would strongly suggest that they get some opti-coat or similar coating to make them a bit more scratch resistant - I did my car and the wife's and haven't looked back.
    ^Thanks for the advice! I will pass it along to the owner... I've got some OC2.0 laying around that I can toss on there for him next time he stops by.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott.lwy View Post
    Would you mind telling what tools and products you did use to clean and polish the exhaust tip? Thanks.
    ^Already answered this question...

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45
    Thanks guys! Sorry - I always seem to forget a few steps when I write these threads!! The exhaust tips were cleaned with Chemical Guys Metal Polish + Protection. I polished the tips and mufflers by hand using a black microfiber towel, and then wiped the polish away with a clean microfiber towel. Simple as that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12