autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Accord coupe detail

I just detailed my 2004 Accord coupe/V6. I purchased this car last December and finally had time to detail it. After wash and clay I was shocked to see how scratched up the paint was. Literally the entire car was bad. I knew there were swirls but not to this extent. I used the GG 6" DA. Used ultimate compound on most of the car with an orange LC pad. The lower portions seemed to be the worse expecially the rear bumper cover. As you can see in the pictures, what causes these fine scratches? Cheap automatic car wash maybe? I couldn't remove all of them. On the rear bumper I tried M105 with a Meguairs red cutting pad. This helped but not 100%. I finished with ultimate polish with a white pad then ultimate wax by hand. The end result isn't perfect but much better than before. Didnt do too much in the interior as it wasnt needed. Just a vaccum and wipedown. I tried to upload pictures of the whole car but they failed. so the following pictures are the only ones I could upload.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Accord coupe detail-002-jpg   Accord coupe detail-003-jpg   Accord coupe detail-004-jpg   Accord coupe detail-008-jpg   Accord coupe detail-007-jpg   Accord coupe detail-012-jpg   Accord coupe detail-016-jpg   Accord coupe detail-017-jpg   Accord coupe detail-021-jpg   Accord coupe detail-019-jpg  

Accord coupe detail-015-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accord coupe detail

Nice job! Interior looks good too

Post Thanks / Like

Great job

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Hey is that my car!!?? LOL. We have the exact same car, except mines an 05, and I have a rear deck lid spoiler. Looks like were both rocking that beastly 6 speed transmission. Are you a member on V6P?

Lets just say I know Honda SMR paint...intimately. Our paint is SUPER soft, just take it once through the automatic car wash and your paint will be infested with swirls. With that said, you should be able to remove the fine scratches with M205 and a polishing pad. Not exactly sure what you mean by Meguiars "red" cutting pad. Are you referring to the MAROON cutting pad (W7006), if you are your doing overkill. M105 and that pad is wayyyy too aggressive for this paint system. I would recommend UC with a Yellow polishing pad from Megs.

Below is a few of my Articles that I've written, you might enjoy reading these as they involve Honda SMR paint on the same car you have. Check them out, they will answer all the questions you have about working on your soft paint system.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...y-car-ahh.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...potential.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...oft-paint.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Hey is that my car!!?? LOL. We have the exact same car, except mines an 05, and I have a rear deck lid spoiler. Looks like were both rocking that beastly 6 speed transmission. Are you a member on V6P?

Lets just say I know Honda SMR paint...intimately. Our paint is SUPER soft, just take it once through the automatic car wash and your paint will be infested with swirls. With that said, you should be able to remove the fine scratches with M205 and a polishing pad. Not exactly sure what you mean by Meguiars "red" cutting pad. Are you referring to the MAROON cutting pad (W7006), if you are your doing overkill. M105 and that pad is wayyyy too aggressive for this paint system. I would recommend UC with a Yellow polishing pad from Megs.

Below is a few of my Articles that I've written, you might enjoy reading these as they involve Honda SMR paint on the same car you have. Check them out, they will answer all the questions you have about working on your soft paint system.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...y-car-ahh.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...potential.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...oft-paint.html
    Great looking car! I am not a member on V6P but have been to the forum. Car has been super reliable and lot of fun. I love the 6-speed. I made a mistake on the pad. It was a maroon cutting pad. I only used that pad and M105 on most of the rear bumper cover. The rest of the car I used an orange LC pad with ultimate compound the ultimate polish with a white pad. I am the second owner. I think the previous owner drove it through a car wash frequently. All kinds of scratches. A lot of water spots too. I will for sure read up on your links. Thanks for the info.