autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2004 Mercedes SLK230 - full interior & light exterior polish by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island

Contacted by a new client who picked up a 2004 Mercedes SLK230 at a police auction. Said it needed some attention and being that we were both SUNY Binghamton grads, I got the call. Go Bearcats! (lol - not exactly)

Interior was small, not terribly dirty, and since it was dark interior it didn't show much at all. But the towels were coming up dirty so something was on there. Spent a lot of time cleaning the seals around the convertible top and some of the other neglected areas.

OPC at 10:1
    Megs leather cleaner / conditioner
    303 Aerospace Protectant
    ONR at clay lube strength (door jambs)
    VX5000 steam cleaner (door jambs, carpet)

Also shown - Mr. Sparkle Detailing THE CUP - super number 1 solution for your loose change holding needs. Comes complete with business cards, magnet for the fridge and your invoice

Moving to the exterior I did my normal wash, IronX, clay routine.

Foam time (shout out to my neighbors at Professional Building Maintenance Corp)

After it was dry I could see the paint was a mess. Only a 1 step polish was part of the plan but what to do...

The hood looked like a disaster. The rest of the car looked bad, but not as bad. Grabbed the paint gauge and discovered the hood, front fenders and passenger door had been re painted. Very high readings and in some areas, no reading at all on a metal panel which indicates bondo. Client had no idea as the carfax was clean.

Examining the hood further I understood. Body shop re-paint with swirl and sanding marks all over the place.

What remained of the original paint was THIN. Like scary thin in some areas. Think my gauge read 50 something microns on the roof somewhere.

Decided to make the hood look respectable with a 2 step polish and go really light on everything else.

Hood:

Flex 3401 + Optimum MF pads + D300
    Flex + LC White + Menz SF4000

From there I decided to do the remainder of the car with the Flex + CCS light green + M205 Offered enough correction to make a difference without doing any harm

Finished off the car with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. Gave it close to an hour to cure. Even application as shown

Stepping back to admire a days work

Who wouldn't be happy to drive that home?

From the Mr. Sparkle garage in Long Island....

Mr. Sparkle Detailing.com
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Mercedes SLK230 - full interior & light exterior polish by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island

Very nice work.

I would drive that around with the top down.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Mercedes SLK230 - full interior & light exterior polish by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island

Looking good! Nice turn around!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Great work

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys!

forgot to mention I did M105/wool then M205/foam on the headlights. no major improvement but cleaned them up a bit
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work my friend! You did it again!
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great-like a brand new car! Blackfire Wetdiamond sealant works great on black cars, it doesn't shine as much on a metallic blue though.