autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2006 Monterey Red Corvette Restoration - It all started with a "scratch"

Great writeup, the photos along with what you and Dani accomplished is amazing.
    Beautiful job on a very neglected automobile.......poor thing probably breathed a sigh of relief.

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another applause for megs d300. Great work!

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Incredible work Will and Dani!!

That Vette was in need of some serious work and you guys came through and revitalized the paint.
    Lol thank you, yeah this one had us holdin' our breath until we did the test spot...talk about waiting to exhale! Once we saw it was coming out good with some work, it was a big relief.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDetail View Post
    Amazing Job and great write up!! I was so excited when I got to the sun pics LOL
    Hahaha, yeah see...paint junkies! Glad you took the time to check it out and thanks for the compliments on the write up

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Thanks Wills...
    For posting yet another, (almost beyond description):
    'Vehicle-correction'...Nay: "A Perfection" of a vehicle.

You are, as I've stated before: A World-Class Detailer...Indeed!!
    (BTW: So is Dani!!)

Notes:
    -Tell Dani I said Hi...
    -Man it would be nice for us to get out to see you guys.

Bob
    Bob, now you KNOW i had you in mind when i did this write up...i knew you'd be one of the first ones to reply lol.

I appreciate the compliments and glad you took the time to read. Not sure if we're world class and all that but, we try. Something that has really helped me lately is a group i made on Facebook called Detailer Buddies, got a few hundred people that have joined, from around the world...its like a 24/7 detail fest lol. Its great to have a ton of other high end detailers to be able to ask questions to 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by basicabe View Post
    nice set up for the reveal... scrolling, scrolling FTW! Nice job!
    Hahaha, yes you know i had to set it up...show how HORRIBLE it was...and then show the score! Glad you appreciated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@F.T.D View Post
    Looks GREAT, I hate giving the vehicle back to a client when it came in so neglected lol.
    Lol well we left him with some good info and good materials to be able to help take care of it. We'll probably be out there in a month or so to do a re-seal on it to make sure it never reaches that oxidized mess that it was again.
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartman57 View Post
    Great writeup, the photos along with what you and Dani accomplished is amazing.
    Beautiful job on a very neglected automobile.......poor thing probably breathed a sigh of relief.
    Yes i think it was happy to see us . The funny part, the ORIGINAL owner of the car...worked at the very same Chevy dealership...I think you can put 2 and 2 together and figure out who probably did most of the ''maintenance'' of the car during the original owners time of position...

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Another applause for megs d300. Great work!
    D300 is definitely awesome...ive used it with a mix of 105 and even 101, and its great with both in most circumstances. Only down side is that it gets the pad pretty saturated and it takes time to clean it out if there is no air compressor available. But, its still awesome
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

nice work guys! nice save!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that paint was just hammered. Can't believe a Vette was left to get oxidized like that. You guys revived it to its glory. Great job!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly thought your camera was messed up or out of focus or something with the before pics until I scrolled down and took a look at the 50/50 shot of the hood test spot! WOW what a difference you guys made on that one! Good job
    1982 Olds Cutlass - my summer toy.
    1999 Suburban - Black of course!
    2002 Bonneville - The Mutt, a mix of everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
    nice work guys! nice save!
    Thanks Andrew, and yes, we did it ALLLLLL with DA's..hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Wow that paint was just hammered. Can't believe a Vette was left to get oxidized like that. You guys revived it to its glory. Great job!
    Was pretty bad huh Marc? Shes ok now...she needed some serious resuscitation but we got her out of flat line mode finally

Quote Originally Posted by crash93ssei View Post
    I honestly thought your camera was messed up or out of focus or something with the before pics until I scrolled down and took a look at the 50/50 shot of the hood test spot! WOW what a difference you guys made on that one! Good job

Lol, seriously? I guess i could see how you thought that, i mean it WAS that bad...thats why i love the 50/50 shots, it really shows that hey, this wasn't a bluff to try to make the paint look worse than it really was...it REALLY WAS that bad!

Thanks for reading
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a great turnaround dude! That car should have never been in that shape to begin with, just makes ya' wonder huh.... Hopefully you versed the guy in what a REAL towel is and he'll make an attempt to keep it up.

The shot where you are laying flat just makes me hurt!

OTOH, if the Vette looked like that, I'm scared to see the Excursion! The work you do however will have him coming back, and bringing his friends for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn nice!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using AG Online

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast