autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hearing alot of good things about Mezerna. Do you guys think its too much for regular clears? I'm curently using 3M and Optimum products.

Post Thanks / Like
    klumzypinoy - hahaha yea the taping was fun, the owner is really picky so I went the extra mile besides he was helping me. I agree the tag team combo was wicked, we chatted up a storm and go to know each other better. It was fun.

sparkie - Thank you buddy, yea it was long. The owner wanted it flawlesly and he is really anal with his car so I took my time. I didn't charge for the detail and the owner really wanted to help so I figured why not with they Cyclo there is no way he could ruine what I was doing.

chu - Menzerna is a really good product strong but good. You don't really need to use the strong compund you can go light but the Final Polish II that is sweet. It leaves the paint flawless, removes all minor scratches and anything else that I may have missed. Such a good product.

By the way I just double checked with the owner and it's a 2002 not a 2001 like I posted hahahaha my bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work!

Did you use 3000grit papers to follow up that 2000?

Do you think we will need 3000?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    Good work!

Did you use 3000grit papers to follow up that 2000?

Do you think we will need 3000?
    Hey sneek,

I used 2000 grit and then went over it with Menzerna PO106FF and it removed all of the sanding. I've been trying to get my hands on 3000 grit but no luck just yet. We should be okay with 2000 grit sneek.

Looking forward to it buddy.

Thank you for the compliment, we (owner and I) are quite pleased with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice work. Im glad you posted pics. Its always fun to read through,

Nice work. Im sure the owner was more then happy

Post Thanks / Like
    No wonder you guys were blown away with the look. She looks great. That was smart turning the owner loose with the Cyclo. Bet he'll be back. In fact you probably got him hooked on detailing. Dial 1-800-AG.
    PS: You're getting good with that wetsanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    CalgaryDetail - Yea I took lots of pictures, I wanted to show the dramatic transformation his baby would be going through lol. Yes, I agree it makes the write up more enjoyable, helps to illustrate the result. Thank you for the compliments, owner has fallen in love with his vehicle again.

Jimmie - You got it buddy, he loved the Cyclo. He was amazed at how easy it was to do the vehicle with the Cyclo. Yup, he's hooked he's already looking at purchasing something’s here hahahaha. He just ordered some rims for the vehicle too and I told him about the P21S I ordered to clean rims and he's all pumped for me to receive it and use it. Oh he'll be back you can count on it. hahahaha it was all strategies hahahaha teasing he's a good friend and he's always helping me out. Besides who am I pass out on detailing a convertible. I'm getting more comfortable with the wet sanding and I'm really happy with the results so far. Thanks for the kind words, greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nica ,you did a nice a job its always nice to see how the color Red pops after a good detail..

I like that fact that you had CSI come out and inspect the paint before the prep lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic work, Nica - 40 hours though? EGADS! No way. I would have had to break it up. Great to have a helper though!!! I enjoyed your write up - I learned somethings that will be useful in the future.
    You rock!
    Keep up the terrific work!!!
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome..nice write up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast