autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Bought my first DA Orbital 2 weeks ago...here's my first go around

To the OP, looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post

fyi, you should delete those product images with the DI stamp, before the AG police find out...
    Ahh... we're just happy to help...

I looked up this members first post, here it is...

Hello from Columbus, OH

Hello all!

Have been a longtime detailing advocate, and have always done everything by hand

Just ordered a Porter Cable 7424XP with M105/205 and a bunch of other fun products. I have 2 black BMW's that i hope to restore nicely, and my wife just got an MDX that needs some major paint correction (swirls, dull, surface scrathes).

Have already been watching all of Mike's video's on using the 7424XP, and hope to learn ALOT from this forum.
    Maybe this post is a sign to us? Maybe we need to provide a public picture gallery with all the product we provide on Autogeek.net for our forum member to easily be able to share in their threads?

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a difference in the before and after shots!

It's amazing how much embedded grime and paint oxidation or cars and trucks actually have. We routinely wash and care for our vehicles and because the finish degrades slowly over time the change is subtle and not noticed.

These photos really show a significant difference in the finish quality and the change this time is not so subtle.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

MDX looks great, next up.....the Beemers?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have popped my cherry on the silver one too, lol... Good job! You appear to be happy with the results, so that's good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    To the OP, looking good!

Hello from Columbus, OH

Maybe this post is a sign to us? Maybe we need to provide a public picture gallery with all the product we provide on Autogeek.net for our forum member to easily be able to share in their threads?

This is an excellent idea!
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Great job and photos!

Excellent products. Helps that somebody was there to help and make sure it is done correctly.
    Yeah, that was a huge help to have a guy that does this for a living there to 'oversee' my technique and course correct along the way, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    nice ride, i've always has a soft spot for honda & acura. fyi, you should delete those product images with the DI stamp, before the AG police find out...
    Thanks, my wife LOVES this car....navigation for her and DVD player for the little guy I just pulled the images from Google Images :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by dougsrt View Post
    Looks very nice !!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Great job!

Be prepared to start noticing every swirl on every other vehicle around you... fight the urge to tell random strangers you see in the parking lot that they need to have their paint corrected... try not to cringe when that black car passes by you on the highway and you notice the buffer trails and holograms all over their car as the light hits the paint... it is both a blessing and a curse, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Again, job well done! and welcome to the detailing lifestyle!

Hahahaha, I've already started doing that. I have 2 black BMW's that I am going to tackle in the coming weeks that I have already got excited about correcting because they are BAD! One is a racecar, so I hope to make that one nice and shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoryamaha919 View Post
    I couldn't agree with this statement more!! I always notice the imperfection anymore!

BTW, very nice job
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    good job,nice n glossy
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller View Post
    Awesome work man.
    If I may add something do another coat of klasse after wiping with a detailer spray or pinnacle carnuaba washless wash. Which lsp u plan to coat with? I would suggest signature series II if you really want pop to flake on this beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have heard to do that, so I may throw on another coat, or just hit it with the Natty's

Quote Originally Posted by highroller View Post
    Apologies, I didnt see you already bought natty wax. Never used it but would surely like to see the results. I hope it enhances metallic paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No worries, alot of info in this thread......

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    To the OP, looking good!

Hello from Columbus, OH

Mike...thanks for the kinds words, I guess you know you did a good job when Mike gives you the 'stamp of approval'

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Quite a difference in the before and after shots!

It's amazing how much embedded grime and paint oxidation or cars and trucks actually have. We routinely wash and care for our vehicles and because the finish degrades slowly over time the change is subtle and not noticed.

These photos really show a significant difference in the finish quality and the change this time is not so subtle.....
    I was ecstatic at the change in the appearance, there are still some deep scratches and rock chips that need attention, but overall I'm very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman57 View Post
    MDX looks great, next up.....the Beemers?
    YES! Probably the M3 first, so I can finally put the car cover on it and store it for the winter, and then the 5 series with some sealant and wax for some winter protection.

I honestly was not expecting such positive feedback, I was waiting for the 'men with the white gloves' to come out of the woodwork and tell me all the things I did wrong.

I'm holding my head just a little higher this morning knowing that I did a good job. Thanks so much for the kind words to everyone it really means alot to know I did this right, and I will be sure to report back after I do the M3 and the E39

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. Now that you have some practice on the Acura, looking forward to seeing the work on the BMW's.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job! Silver is a tough color to get good reflections off of, and you achieved it. Keep on buffing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12