autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The results of my first detail with my new goodies

About a 10 days ago I bought a PC and a bunch of goods from AG. I had never really done much with my cars other than a hose, dish soap and turtle wax by hand. My car for being 5 years old was in pretty decent shape, some swirls and light scrathed, a few chips from rocks and a previous owners shaky hand with touch up paint but over not bad.

I have a "true blue" (aka dark) blue Mustang and I used NTS7 wash with a Cobra &MF Cheneille mit, pinnacle polyclay, xmt 360 with the orange edge pad, and natty's blue with the white pad.

Here are a few before shots after the car wash (NTS7) but before clay:

Post clay (Pinnacle PolyClay)

Some light scrathes on my roof.

And the final product (after XMT 360 & Natty's Blue)

Notice the scratches are all gone!

and the finale....

Last edited by TCB; 04-21-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It certainly was a fun experience and truth be told I am tired as hell and my knees and back are letting me know than I ain't that young anymore.

Some thought on the clay having never done it before. I was expecting some decent resistance as I clayed my car but for the most part it glided easily (maybe too easily) over the surface. Not sure if I did it right, although some parts really pulled up some nasty dirt.

The XMT 360 was nice but I didn't find that it completely disappeared like the bottle leads you to believe. It certainly reached a point where the PC was just pushed it around. A MF took the final residue right off.

The Natty's blue was awesome. Not only did it really make my blue paint shine with a deep wet look but it also made my metal flake really pop. It went on extremely easy and it smelled great as well.

I also used Natty's ntural dressing on the plastic interior molding, the dash, the center console and the tires. It was honestly the best interior dressing I have ever used. It really pulled up some dirt, darkened up my plastic trim but also dried within minutes and never left that greasy residue on anything.

Now I just need to wrestle with getting those pads & mf clean. THe Natty's seemed to have stained my white pad blue and I can't seem to get all the XMT 360 out of my orange pad.
    Last edited by TCB; 04-21-2007 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking job! I remember my first detail with the PC and AG products, I was tired for a month! Rewarding however isn't it?

You did good! Amazing how you got those scratches out!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it is. I was almost sure that they wouldn't come out with the orange pade but after working that 360 in there the did come out.

I still have some other individual scratches that I might want to use the green pad on next time.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    looks really good...i love those true blue stangs

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding work, your car looks awesome. I'm impressed, the 360 made them scratches vanish. Everybody has some great things to say about 360. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good!!!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Buddy...you've hit a vein!! This addiction goes to a higher level when you start playing with products that can really make a difference! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome...just so you know the blue stain will always be there...no worries though...you will just always know which pad to use for the natty blue ....the orange pad is more agressive than the green pad...ag has it wrong on their website....so any scratches that the orange pad didnt take out you will have to step up to a yellow pad or a more agressive polish...the clay just gliding across the surface is normal...it should only feel like light bumps at the most and will only usually stick on the first swipe and get slick from there....great job the flake looks awesome...almost got my z in that color

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah something tells me this is going to be quite the expensive little hobby.

Next up is the foam gun, some more MFs, stoners glass, wheel cleaner and micro-restorer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast