autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB
    Yeah something tells me this is going to be quite the expensive little hobby.

Next up is the foam gun, some more MFs, stoners glass, wheel cleaner and micro-restorer.
    Yup! It's getting expensive already. You're already getting ready to order more!!
    Awesome work on that blue Mustang! She looks SWEEEET!! Last 2 pics are great!! Did you forget to dry before taking those pics, because she looks wet!!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    You only have to use 2, pea sized drops on a pad. This is probably why it's not vanishing for you. There will be a little left but not like other polishes and waxes.

It looks really impressive on your car. Welcome to true detailing!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    ....the orange pad is more agressive than the green pad...ag has it wrong on their website.... color
    The green pad is more aggressive in the EDGE system. Believe me. The orange fall in between the green and blue. It was custome made for AG. Here's Edge's chart.......

Details and suggested applications for The Edge 2000 buffing pads. Experiment with The Edge 2000 and discover the
    best ways to match pad, chemical and procedure. Questions? Contact us for knowledgeable customer service.
    Specifications
    Aggressiveness & Applications
    Texture & Color
    40 pores per inch (ppi)
    Part #E201
    Heavy Cut. Very aggressive cutting pad, works fast while reducing risk of burning. For heavily oxidized or
    pitted finishes, removes wet sand scratches.
    50 pores per inch (ppi)
    Part #E202
    Medium Cut. Everyday cutting for average cars, light oxidation. Add compound for a flawless finish on base coats. A must in every detail shop.
    60 pores per inch (ppi)
    Part #E203
    Light Cut. Our most versatile pad: buff with light compound on clearcoats, rinse with water, apply polish or wax. Great for humid weather when waxes may cake.
    70 pores per inch (ppi)
    Part #E204
    Finish. Scratchless everyday polishing pad for any surface. Use with wax and polish. Removes swirl marks
    and applies a fine gloss.
    80 pores per inch (ppi)
    Part #E205
    Ultrafine Polish. Ultra-smooth surface, finer than any pad on the market. Creates a bold, crystalline gloss.
    For new, exotic or expertly restored cars only.

* All Edge pads are reticulated polyester urethane foam; 9.5" edge to edge; 8" face; bevelled edge.
    Last edited by justin_murphy; 04-22-2007 at 08:27 AM.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Isnt it funny, how after a good detail your body reminds you of it for a couple of days.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Came out looking really well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB

Now I just need to wrestle with getting those pads & mf clean. THe Natty's seemed to have stained my white pad blue and I can't seem to get all the XMT 360 out of my orange pad.
    For me, there are 2 *really effective ways of cleaning pads and soiled MF towels.

1) Put in a VERY small amount of snappy pad cleaner/wolfgang pol pad rejuvanator (both the same to my eyes and uses) in a 3 gallon bucket and with some hose pressure, power up some nice suds and then use those suds front and back on the pads as well as any really soiled MF towels. Let them soak for about 10-15min, then as you take them out, really rub in the remaining suds, then power wash the heck out of them while holding one at a time. They'll look and feel better than new. The MF towel, can then be removed, rinsed, and added to your other dirty MF's for a Micro Restore machine wash.

2) Same as above but with Dawn. No need to let them soak too much, as some say that attacks the velcro on the backing portion. Just put a big blob of Dawn in your bare hands, lather well, and then transfer that lather onto the pads and scrub it in real good, then hose off.

For pad cleaning, the sooner you attack the soiled pads, the easier it is to remove the stains/product. Even pure white pads come clean for me.

BTW, nice job on that Mustang, it looks nice.
    Last edited by Nimble; 04-22-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    For pad cleaning just get the xmt pad cleaner,it works great.............and btw the car looks great.After seeing all the reviews on the xmt 360 now i have to buy some,god this is addicting.........i need a drink now.
    No more supercharger,i now have twin turbo,s.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..Impressive to say the least. I have a 2001 Explorer with similar paint. While I washed/waxed in days gone by, I didn't take the care I do now. It looks a little crappy....I have swirls/hazing etc...just like you. I was gonna go with XMT 2 and then follow with XMT 360 but I think I'll just try the 360. It's absolutely amazing what you accomplished with it. From what I had read, I almost ordered #3 and debated #4, but I see XMT 360 can do A LOT!!!!

Nice work,
    Harold

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    The green pad is more aggressive in the EDGE system. Believe me. The orange fall in between the green and blue. It was custome made for AG. Here's Edge's chart.......

Details and suggested applications for The Edge 2000 buffing pads. Experiment with The Edge 2000 and discover the
    best ways to match pad, chemical and procedure. Questions? Contact us for knowledgeable customer service.

Specifications

Aggressiveness & Applications

Texture & Color

40 pores per inch (ppi)

Part #E201
    Heavy Cut. Very aggressive cutting pad, works fast while reducing risk of burning. For heavily oxidized or

pitted finishes, removes wet sand scratches.

50 pores per inch (ppi)

Part #E202

Medium Cut. Everyday cutting for average cars, light oxidation. Add compound for a flawless finish on base coats. A must in every detail shop.

60 pores per inch (ppi)

Part #E203

Light Cut. Our most versatile pad: buff with light compound on clearcoats, rinse with water, apply polish or wax. Great for humid weather when waxes may cake.

70 pores per inch (ppi)

Part #E204
    Finish. Scratchless everyday polishing pad for any surface. Use with wax and polish. Removes swirl marks

and applies a fine gloss.

80 pores per inch (ppi)

Part #E205
    Ultrafine Polish. Ultra-smooth surface, finer than any pad on the market. Creates a bold, crystalline gloss.

For new, exotic or expertly restored cars only.

* All Edge pads are reticulated polyester urethane foam; 9.5" edge to edge; 8" face; bevelled edge.
    Then why does Aaron @ Edge say that's not the case over and over on other forums? You're telling me the orange went from the most aggressive in Edge's line up to weaker than Green? Seeems odd to me. And I don't think it would be in AG's or Edge's favor to make 2 different versions of the orange pad. Seems contrary to making customers happy, and decreasing confusion among their line up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Good! XMT 360 does a nice job on the light scraches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast