autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "02 MasterCraft

Post Thanks / Like

"02 MasterCraft

‘02 MasterCraft X Star
    21’ 7”

This boat belongs to friends of mine. They’ve had it for 2 seasons and have never had it detailed. The owners are very particular about keeping it clean which made it easier to detail. However it was brought out of outdoor winter storage last night for today’s detail. Overall the boat was in good shape but after sitting outside for the winter it was pretty dirty. There were some scratches here and there and the trailer was in need of some buffing and wax too. Having never detailed a boat before I thoroughly researched products and process to get an idea of what I was in for. I think I’ve probably read every boat post on this forum and a few other forums. I felt confident that I could get this boat looking good.

Wash – Foam gun using DG 109 and a black ShMitt. This is only the second time I’ve used this soap. I love the way it feels and it works well in the foam gun. Nice foam and as everyone else says the cherry scent is awesome.

Tires – DP Wheel Gel with black ShMitt, completed with AA Extreme Gel wiped down with MF. I also did the rims with DP Wheel Glaze.

Paint – Products used: XMT 4 for spot scratches, Optimum Poli-Seal overall topped with Collinite 476S as the LSP. I used a 4” Edge orange pad for the scratches and then followed up with Poli-Seal on a 6” orange pad. This combination seemed to work well on all surfaces of the boat. I had never used Collinite wax before and although it didn’t have a wonderful scent that some waxes do it was easy to apply and buff off. The flecks in the gel coat really popped after the buff. I went with Collinite on this boat because it is supposed to be one of the most durable waxes and comes highly recommended by boat owners. I spend just about every weekend on this boat so I will be able to keep an eye on the protection from this wax.

Before

After

Thanks for looking.
    Comments and questions are greatly appreciated.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it is bright in those photos!

Nice turnaround! I hope it was appreciated!!! You are quite good I see! Thanks for sharing. Do you find boats to be more or less difficult than cars? I am sure they don't use the same cc's.
    Lauren
    Last edited by ltoman; 04-21-2007 at 07:45 PM.
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW looks really good Alice! Now I will be able to spot you out on the river this summer. They just opened it yesterday (I think). The rear deck shot is great nice flecks!! What a great day we had today. Glad to see you’re keepin’ busy…

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah baby!! that boat looks sooo sweet ,you can't go wrong with red..So how long before you can borrow it so you can take us Chicagoans out boating

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job, she looks outstanding. #901 is some awesome soap, I love the smell too. The 4" edge pads, I can't find them for the PC. You did used it on your PC, right? The only one I've seen are for the new Cyclo.

Post Thanks / Like
    The before pictures look like there were lots of water spots and dirt. How well did the DG soap clean it up before you started with the polish? The whole job is impressive, especially the fact that you did so much to the trailer!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can appreciate the amount of work that went into that. Wonderful wonderful results.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the nice comments.

Lauren - this was the first boat that I've detailed. It was kinda a pain because of the size but I would probably do it again. It's just different because it has different lines and the bottom and trailer were a challenge.

trl2112 - Believe me if you saw us on the river you couldn't miss us!

joe.p - Great idea about a Chicago cruise but I don't see it happening my friend. I doubt they'd ever give me that boat. Like I said they're friends of mine and they know me all too well.

Sparkie - the 4" Edge pads work on the pc too. Get some, you'll love'em.

Reddwarf - DG 109 worked very well on all of the dirt and grime that had accumulated over the winter. It's very lubricated, smells great and gets the job done. I really liked it.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast