autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailed: BMW 750Li

It's been awhile since I last saw this car. Most of you will remember it from this summer when it recieved a XMT/Max Wax full detail. It was on a routine bi-weekly regimen and did get another coating of Max Wax but over the last 3 months, it's been out of town. The owner is a doctor and been teaching classes. With a daily commute of over 120 miles, it's seen nothing but the dreaded tunnel wash. I got the call last night but I was informed that I only had 2 to maybe 3 hours to handle this. Sounds like 360 was in order since a full compounding could not be done.

Here's the process.........

Wheel, Tires, & Wells:
    (Meguiar's Wheel Brightener 4:1 and Purple Power)
    Dear Lord. It was filthy. The wheels were covered, ok, caked in brake dust. The wells had all sorts of stuff in them. A lot of yellow road line paint. This were maintained wells kept the paint from sticking and a pressure to remove the paint came together. I covered the wells with Purple Power (left over) and used the Wheel Brightener (X2) with various brushes to get the tires and wheels clean. I then coated the wells with Wet'n Protect and the tires with Pinnacle's Black Onyx Tire Gel.

Wash Cycle:
    (NXT Tech Wash and Dawn at 4:1. Purple Power on lower panels.)
    Wow. White can look dirty too! There was road tar and paint all over the rockers. The rear deck lid was caked along with the bumper. After pre-treating with Purple Power, I pressure washed the car..........for the second time. Everything came off. The wash mix took care of the rest. I used the black Wheel ShMitt to wash with. I just took my time and let the suds and pad do it's work. I probably washed it for 15 minutes. Just massaging the paint. I then blasted it clean. Everything came off! Not even a need for claying. Lucky I guess. Bugs were gone too!

Engine Bay:
    (Purple Power & Armor All Tire Foam)
    I was surprised that after six months on the road that the engine looked as good as it did still. I coated it with the Purple Power and rinsed. Then I coated it with the foam and shut the hood. Started up the engine and let run for 15 minutes. Done!

Paint Correction and Protection:
    (XMT's 360 AIO with Cyclo & EDGE2K Yellow Pads)
    Man I love this machine! The Cyclo is so balanced and smooth. Helps to that you're covering almost twice the area than the PC does. 360 cleaned up the paint and took out about 80% of all defect. This included rubber transfer and even another car's paint from a door ding. I even left it on for over an hour while cleaning the husband's Excursion (also received 360) and came off just as easy. The paint was soft and slick with tons of reflection. Oh, one other cool thing about the 4" pads. You can take one off the machine and use it by hand to get into tight places and to do the mirrors with!

Interior:
    (Pinnacle's Rubber & Vinyl Cleaner, Rubber & Vinyl Protectant, and Leather Cleaner/Condtioner. DP Krystal Vision for the Glass.)
    The matts were first treated with FOLEX and then pressure washed. The interior was then vacuumed and wiped down. I treated the leather and vinyl. I really enjoy cleaning the Bimmer's insides. Cleans up so nice.

Befores........

Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Afters........

Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

God Bless America.....

Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, i guess i loaded the thread before you had the after pictures. i was about to say.. not some of your better work, Justin.

Lol, but as usual, awesome job, man!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Very very nice! And all in 3 hrs? Wow! The best pic is the last one! God Bless America is right!

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
    aka "Storm Trooper"

"Car waxes and paint sealants are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many" - Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the shot!
    I noticed all of the cars in your area are nasty on the lower panels, you all need some paved roads, wait no that would cut down on your business!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan

Thats the shot!
    I noticed all of the cars in your area are nasty on the lower panels, you all need some paved roads, wait no that would cut down on your business!
    That's compliment coming from you.......a master photographer like yourself!

Dirt roads would kill my business but save my back!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    Paved roads? Have you gone mad woman? Next thing you know they'll want running water and electricity down there too!

Nice job as always Justin! Meghan is right that was the "money shot".
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL417
    Paved roads? Have you gone mad woman? Next thing you know they'll want running water and electricity down there too!

Nice job as always Justin! Meghan is right that was the "money shot".
    Thanks AL. Yeah, we just got water here. I'll be tearing the outhouse down tomorrow!!!

I better get my magazines out!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work, white looks so clean when....well cleaned..
    EVOIX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast