autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 BMW 328i (the "sister's" car)

You may recall the 2012 335i Sport I did last weekend:http://www.live2detail.com/showthrea...2012-335-Sport

The next car is the sister car to it in 2 ways: the cars are the same year and model (3 series) but also, the owner of the 2nd one is the sister of the first owner. A true sister car.

This one was going to need more work than the silver one. I ended up doing a 2 step correction on it and sealing it with OG.

Here it is as it arrived:

I was actually shocked to see the surface rust on the wheels of a car so new!! First up was the wheels. I used Tarminator, IronX, Megs WB and Zep Citrus and some/all of them as required. It took almost my whole collection of brushes to get in all the nooks and crannies of the wheels, tires, barrels and wells:

The tires were done with Zep Purple, the wells with Zep Citrus.

Here are my helpers wanting to be involved:

Here is a wheel undergoing treatment:

Next up was the foam bath consisting of DG 901/Dawn in a strong mix. There was initially some kind of wax on the surface...but not for long!

While the foam was allowed to dwell, all the emblems, seams, etc were agitated with my Raceglaze brush. The car was then washed with a similar solution that was used in the foam cannon.

The chrome (yes, I found out they were chrome!) tail pipes were cleaned on the inside with my mini Daytona brush and Tarminator and then cleaned on the outside with Megs WB followed by ZC. This car has a tasteful amount of chrome on it. I like it.

The car was then brought inside and the wheels/tires blown off with the Master Blaster. Then the paint and glass were clayed with the CarPro foam block. Now it was ready for correction.

There was a big, ugly blob of tree sap on the roof. It took some dwell time with Tarminator to remove it, and unfortunately, had permanently etched the paint. Bloody shame. At least now it's protected much better against that and bird bombs. You can see the blob just below and to the left of the reflection of the light:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2012 BMW 328i (the "sister's" car)

For polishing, I used my Dyna first up with a yellow B/S pad and M105. There were quite a few marks from being machine washed that needed to come out. I then tried the Flex with the same combo and was amazed at how well that corrected! I did that for the remainder of the car. I followed that step up with Optimum Hyper Polish and a B/S green pad. Only 2 spots needed touch up paint. The joke was that I used Cadillac straight black paint on it as she didn't have a chance to get the BMW paint. I don't know if that'll trigger a German revolt or what!?! I was very, very happy with how it was looking! I was praying for good weather on Sunday when she was going to be picking it up. My prayers thankfully were answered, in spite of a forecast that said otherwise!

The chrome tips were hand polished with M205 and 0000 steel wool, followed by a mf.

The wheels, glass and paint were wiped down with ONR and dried. I did not use the DG squeaky clean on this job due to time constraints. I then applied OG to the paint, grille, lights, and wheels and pipes. All the glass got the amazing Opt glass coating.
    The barrels of the wheels were sprayed with Permanon the next day and blown dry with the MB. The tires were done with DP gel via a spray gun. The paint was wiped down the following day with UWW for slickness.

I was very proud of how this car turned out, so please forgive me for the abundance of photos, but here we go:

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotta say, I like looking at results others share on this site but have never felt the need to comment on their work.

However, your work on this 328 is absolutely stunning.

Hats off to you. Really good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work once again Richy - what a turnaround!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like
    That black is just amazing. AMazing work as usual Richy. I like the pic with your girls, teach them young!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great turn around. You did a great job on the entire car. The wheels really look amazing now.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work.
    How many hours was involved?

Post Thanks / Like

Richy, great work on the car but no DG used on the paint, what's up, LOL! I wonder is that LUXURY badge is a Canadian thing, can't say I've seen that on one of the Beemers around here. Love the look of the new 3 series for sure, sinister looking front end (can't wait to see the upcoming M3)
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

What a comeback !!! Great job Richy !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Another outstanding job, Richie!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast