autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2 cars detailed in 2 weeks: 567 whp S2K and Tiburon!

So I've finally gotten around to doing some cars on the side and got off to a great start with a 567 whp 2002 Honda S2K. I don't have camera or fancy lights, so please keep this in mind when looking at the pics, thank you. I should say that on the S2K I did the following:

-ONR wash
    -GG clay bar
    -Meg's UC
    -DG #101 w/PBA
    -DG #111 w/PBA
    -BFCS
    -GG 3" and 6" RO
    -Optimum 3" MF pad/GG 6" orange pad

The car is silver, so it was hard to show the swirls or the claw marks down the sides of both doors and rear quarter but once inside, OMG could you see them, eeek! Once I was done outside washing/claying the car I moved it inside to tape it up and begin the polishing. I used the speed setting of 6 on the 3" GG RO and did the bumpers/head/tailights with that, along with the pillar that goes around the windshield, came out great, the black piece around the windshield came out great! I then grabbed the 6" GG RO and put the speed to 5 and went right for a door to see how the claw marks would look, well after one 8 section pass........GONE! I was very happy and then started the job, with the hood where you could see the swirls, even on a silver car, so again, one section of the hood doing an 8 section pass........GONE! I spent a total of 7 hrs on this car and it came out great, the customer was VERY happy with the results! Once again, sorry there's not the before and after pics, but once I "get in the zone", I don't wanna stop but here's a few from the day of and some of a week later when I did his daughters Tiburon:

Taped up and ready for polish

Yes I know, its inside a garage but the finish is perfect

I took these a week later but the time and weather was identical, so no harm, no foul. Oh yeah, I didn't take pics outside the day of the detail because once I was all done, it started to sprinkle, nice for the actual detail, not so nice afterwards.

Used "alien clean" and Never-Dull on these to clean em' up, came out great, dressed the tires w/ BF total eclipse tire gel, love the matte finish and so did the customer!

Love this pic especially!!!

This the view ALOT of people would get if they decided to mess with this car and IF the owner wanted to plant his right foot!

A winning pair

........the end!

Well, its the end of the pics where the S2K was the main ride, now let's move onto the next car, his daughters 2005 Tiburon but please, wait till I make a new post with those pics before you guys comment, not sure how many pics can go in each post, thanks for looking
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 cars detailed in 2 weeks: 567 whp S2K and Tiburon!

Then this past Monday I arrived to do his daughters 2005 Tiburon w/ about 86k on the clock and its share of nicks and scratches and swirls, boy did it have swirls! I ONR'd the car and clayed it outside but I did the diamond test spot on the hood first. I used my GG RO, set to speed 5 and Meg's UC and did the usual 8 section pass and it came out great, I used my eye to move the sun from the swirled area and into the diamond, perfect, so I moved the car into the garage. I didn't have to do as much on this car as the customer just wanted the car to look better, so here's what I used this time:

-ONR rinseless
    -Griot's clay bar
    -Meg's UC
    -BFWD

The car came out great but when I pulled it out something wierd was discovered, the hood came out "half great", the area from the middle to the windshield, around the squirters, still had some swirls in it. I showed the owner and he said not to worry about it, but I wasn't happy, so he said if you really want to.......I did! I pulled the car back into the garage but this time turned up the speed to 5.5 and used my XMT #4 and 90% of them came out. I told the customer if I could pull out the squirters I could get them all out but he said not to worry about it, laughing about it actually as it bothered me so much, he said you've been here 8 hrs already and again was VERY happy with how the car turned out. Here are some pics of the car, love the color!!!

I wished I had done a "before and after" here but you guys know about "alien clean"

Beemin'

These are really good lookin' cars IMO

Really sharp!!

Deeeeep and wett!!!

BlackFire total eclipse tire gel, awesome look!

I really wish my car was this color, stunning!

Now I'm just throwing this out there but to me, its seems that foam cuts better than MF when it comes to pads, am I wrong? I had a MF polishing pad, that actually came apart on the side while doing the car and switched to a MF compounding pad to finish up. I think I needed a bit more speed as the hood was really swirled, so maybe I should've started with 5.5 and not just 5 but when doing the test spot, outside, it came out great. The other thing was maybe I need to break the hood down into 6 sections instead of 4, I might have been too spread out, figures I would think of these things afterwards but atleast I'm learning, help me out guys, your input is welcome and sorry for not having the "before and after" pics, I have my smartphone camera and although the pics look pretty good to me, they just couldn't really capture the swirls when I tried taking them but rest assured, they were pretty damn heavy.

Thanks for looking

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work X 2!

That blue really shimmers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: 2 cars detailed in 2 weeks: 567 whp S2K and Tiburon!

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Nice work X 2!

That blue really shimmers.
    Thank you very much and its not that I don't like what DG did for me on the silver S2K but I wanted to use my BFWD because...........just becasue, LOL! It too is an awesome product and wanted to switch things up a bit. The customer has a 3rd car for me to do sometime in the future, a 2008-09 Acura TSX, charcoal gray and I haven't decided what I want to use on that one yet as he didn't say how far he'd like me to go on it, once I know that, I'll figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both cars came out great!!!!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! Both cars look awesome and I have that same case of OCD where you want it to be perfect lol

Post Thanks / Like
    OCD....check this out, I took the front plate off and made sure the screws lined up the same. Seems like I'll be grabbinng my XMT #4 next time when the swirls are like that and work smaller area's. Also, Mike says to remove the handle so your pressure gets down through the machine better, read that somewhere but it now makes more sense to me.

Thanks for the compliments guys, see yah this weekend Derek, we'll try some DG on the MS3!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Great!

Did I read right? 567 at the wheel?! Ay caramba!

Post Thanks / Like

Out standing work on both the rides!! The blue is simply amazing!

I do have a question about the tire and BF Total Eclipse Tire Gel below...VVV

I just dont see any shine or matte uniform finish to the tire? Am I missing something? Does BF tire gel finish like that, with no shine?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    BlackFire total eclipse tire gel, awesome look!
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Act - Richy, Swanic, Sonic, and yourself are leading the pack of my forum favorites. You hands keep me informed - no bout a doubt it.

Excellent work btw. Congrats

I saw where you posted great results...but no info, good or bad about the product. Not much talk here on the underated mattress stuffing, LOL
    Back in the day, it was not unusual to find hulls from the cotton seed in the fibers.

Magic Wadding Cloth has been a favorite of mine for over 3 decades, and I use it weekly. Sure miss the original (to me) product that was in the blue cans though.

Keep up the good work.

Happy detailing...
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast