autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2003 Nissan Xterra

2003 Nissan Xterra
    Temp 38 with wind chill of 15 (what was I thinking?)

Wash - Two bucket method Pinnacle Shampoo, white ShMitt. The sun was out so I thought I’d be OK, well I was wrong. I created an ice slick on half of my slightly pitched driveway. The side with the sun was OK but the other side of the driveway was nothing but ice. I had to hold on to the tires with my left hand while washing it with my right hand to prevent me from sliding down the icy driveway.
    Engine – DP Engine Degreaser followed by 303 Protectant. This engine had never been cleaned and the DP Engine Degreaser made quick work of it. The results are amazing. I touched up the hoses, lines and covers with 303.
    Interior – This truck was remarkably clean. The owner loves his truck and takes good care of it. Vacuumed entire interior and cleaned the mats. In the front there were heavy duty winter mats that I washed down and then finished off with NXT Interior Protectant. In the back there were carpet mats that had some spots so I used Folex here. Nice product, took the spots right out. The interior was hit with MF and DP Surface Protectant. This leaves a subtle sheen and a great banana scent.
    Tires – DP Wheel Gel with black ShMitt, completed with AA Extreme Gel wiped down with MF.
    Paint – Products used: Optimum Poli-Seal, Pinnacle Souveran Paste and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax.
    This Xterra has Granite metallic paint. Since the paint was in pretty good shape I decided to use Poli--Seal with an orange E2K pad. This was my first time using this product. It was very easy to use and pretty much vanished as the work time hit its limit. I then buffed with a Cobra MF. Poli-Seal left a very smooth clean finish on the paint and I could have left it just like that after all it is a one-stepper but I wanted more. So I broke out my Souveran Paste. I love this stuff! I went back and did a topper with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax.
    Windows – Diamondite Perfect Vision and a Cobra Waffle Weave MF Glass towel. I’ve been using this for a few weeks now. I was a die-hard Stoner’s user but this product works great too. It doesn’t streak at all and when it rains the rain just beads right off.

This Xterra used to be mine. I sold it to this guy about a year ago when I bought my Tacoma. Of course he was thrilled to get it because he knew how I maintained it. It was like old times working on my Xterra again.

Before – Sorry I didn’t get too many before shots.

"Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    After

The Old and the New.
    Last edited by AL417; 04-07-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    send a bottle of Poorboys Trim Restorer for Xmas, works well on all that plastic surrounds.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, Alice!! Looks slick, and wet.....not ICY!! I had to laugh...sorry....about your description of hanging onto the wheel to keep from sliding down the driveway!! hee hee
    It's cold here now too, but I'm chickening out and waiting for tomorrow when it'll warm up to the 40's.
    That's great that you got to spend some quality time with your former "baby".
    With DP Engine Degreaser, did you spray it off with water, or just wipe? Engine bay looks great, BTW!
    Sorry, but with your post, it made me wonder.....where in the world is member XterraOverload?!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Driveway AND car slick!!! Good work there.

Nice shine
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Alice. That engine compartment looks new. Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice detail and write up Al! Looks really new again. Just the way I like them
    That engine bay work shows your attention to detail as well.

It's freaking 35 here now......snowed last night.......and will be 20 tonight!

What tha.............................!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I love it! Engine, paint, well all of it looks beautiful. I can't get over the hood shot, that's something! You made a light gold look like a mirror, that is very hard to do! You do beautiful work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alban61
    Very nice, Alice!! Looks slick, and wet.....not ICY!! I had to laugh...sorry....about your description of hanging onto the wheel to keep from sliding down the driveway!! hee hee
    It's cold here now too, but I'm chickening out and waiting for tomorrow when it'll warm up to the 40's.
    That's great that you got to spend some quality time with your former "baby".
    With DP Engine Degreaser, did you spray it off with water, or just wipe? Engine bay looks great, BTW!
    Sorry, but with your post, it made me wonder.....where in the world is member XterraOverload?!
    Thanks for the nice comments. It was pretty funny hanging on to the tires, I'm sure my neighbor across the street got a good laugh. Nothing happens in around here without her knowing it. Anyhow, about the engine bay. I sprayed it down with water and then sprayed the DP Engine Degreaser. Let it dwell and the agitate with a brush, doesn't take much. Spray it down again with water and that's it. Just like the instructions tell you. I did go back and hit the hoses with 303 but it's not really necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Al, the engine bay looks like new very nice. The paint, well the paint looks wet and it has great depth just look a the reflection on the paint and the trees....wow girl has skills. Okay I think I need to pick up my detailing because you and Lauren are making me look bad lol. Oh about the temperature, I know the feeling Al. I started washing one of my vehicles inside the garage left the garage door open and had frozen water by the entrance of the garage. I call it my mini ice rink lol.

Oh, by the way I like the detailing get up...very elegant (no disrespect intended it's a compliment)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast