autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

IronX & Tuff Shine Tire Coating

I did a detail last weekend and for the tire's (dressing) I wanted to try out a product my buddy Jim (Thank You Jim) had sent me...Tuff Shine.

The vehicle was a Ford Explorer.

Here is the condition of the tires and rims before the cleaning and coating:

Here are some of the item's used to clean and dress theses tires.I put the IronX in a Griot's sprayer container because I like how the product dispences from the sprayer head.
    Letting the IX do it's thing:

Alot of iron being dissolved and cleaned away from the rims:

Next up was the tire's being cleaned with OPC and also the Tuff Shine Tire cleaner (this stuff works VERY good at cleaning tires).
    Spray on the tires and agitate:

You have to keep cleaning the tire's until the foam starts to turn white from agitation.It took me 2x's with the OPC and 2x's of scrubbing the tires with the TS Tire cleaner to get the tires clean:

The tires are all clean and dry and ready for application of the tire coating (applied 2x's):

The more coatings you apply,the more shine you get with this tire coating.I attempted to try 3x's for the coating and it was over kill for my taste but the customer wanted them to this shine level:
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IronX & Tuff Shine Tire Coating

What dilution rate were you using for the OPC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy6228 View Post
    What dilution rate were you using for the OPC?
    For tires I use 3:1.
    But i have to add that even that ratio was just a bit sub-par compaired with the Tuff Shine Tire cleaner.When I saw no more brown lifting from the tires with the OPC @ 3:1,I was still getting the brown to lift with the Tuff Shine Tire cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Chris! That is a helluva transformation!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuf Shine is my all time favorite, hands down. The Tuf Shine brush and cleaner are top notch as well.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Does Tuff Shine "sling-off" on to the doors and quarter panels? Looks like a gppd product.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be getting my order of tuff shine in tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should enter that "after" in the Great Looking Wheel Hall of Fame. Looks awesome. I love Tuff Shine on my daily driver. I think it's been around 3 weeks since I first applied it. Since then, there's been 2 washes (blaster it with pressure washer) and many rains. It still looks great. It may have faded a hair, but that's it. The best part is, once it's done it's done. Cleaning of the tires is as easy as cleaning of paint. No nasty silicone or brown stuff to get out of the tire. Then, all you need to do to re-apply is just refresh the coating on the tire. I was only getting a little more than a week with other tire products if there was a rain or two. Also, TS's coating "locks in" the factory UV chemicals in the tire (per an email from TS) and has its own UV protection. It is to tires what coatings ate to paint. You didn't really say, what are your thoughts on the coating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsdetailing View Post
    Does Tuff Shine "sling-off" on to the doors and quarter panels? Looks like a gppd product.
    No, not at all. It dries like a coating. Passes what TS calls the "White Glove Test". Coat tires, let dry, and rub with a white glove. Glove stays clean and there is no product transfer. Dries quickly, about ten minutes a coat. Once coating is on, pressure washing tire is pretty much all you need to do to clean it (unless very dirty, then you can use a mild soap like car wash).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfix View Post
    Tuf Shine is my all time favorite, hands down. The Tuf Shine brush and cleaner are top notch as well.
    To answer swaincyouth question,I think this is my goto tire coating/dressing from now on.It has become my favorite as well...hands down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Wow Chris! That is a helluva transformation!
    Thank you Jim.It's because of the sample you sent my way I had interest in the TuffShine
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsdetailing View Post
    As swaincyouth had mentioned...NO SLING OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    Should be getting my order of tuff shine in tomorrow.
    You'll love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You should enter that "after" in the Great Looking Wheel Hall of Fame. Looks awesome. I love Tuff Shine on my daily driver. I think it's been around 3 weeks since I first applied it. Since then, there's been 2 washes (blaster it with pressure washer) and many rains. It still looks great. It may have faded a hair, but that's it. The best part is, once it's done it's done. Cleaning of the tires is as easy as cleaning of paint. No nasty silicone or brown stuff to get out of the tire. Then, all you need to do to re-apply is just refresh the coating on the tire. I was only getting a little more than a week with other tire products if there was a rain or two. Also, TS's coating "locks in" the factory UV chemicals in the tire (per an email from TS) and has its own UV protection. It is to tires what coatings ate to paint. You didn't really say, what are your thoughts on the coating?
    Yeah,they really turned out great(wheels & tires).