autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A day in the life of a detailer. YUCK!!!!!!

Imagine everything you would not want to find embedded in a vehicles carpets. This 2006 Ford Freestar had it all. Beach sand, short dog hair, candy, coffee/pop stains. There was a total of 4 hours spent on the carpets alone. I know the plastics are still dirty, but that is because they haven't been cleaned yet. Anyways, onto the pictures.
    And yes, I do realize there are a few small spots left. But the objective was to clean as much as I could, without dyeing the carpets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar1-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar6-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar2-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar7-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar3-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar9-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar4-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar10-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar5-jpg   A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar11-jpg  

A day in the life of a detailer.  YUCK!!!!!!-freestar8-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Compared to what you started with I think it looks great and I'm sure that's more than what your client expected.
    Awesome job!
    How bad are the seats?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A day in the life of a detailer. YUCK!!!!!!

The seats are just as bad as the carpets. Cloth, but luckily it is a soft cloth. The kind that usually clean up well. THey will still need to be extracted several times due to beverage and chocolate stains. I will try to remember to post before and afters.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, Dave.
    That one is truly a mess. I hope you quoted it to still make at least a little money. (and definitely put a couple of these before-afters on your website!)
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

These are my least favorite types of jobs to do... Excellent work! I don't understand how people can let their vehicles fall into this type of disrepair. Those were some NASTY carpets!
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Haha... Unfortunately at this time I don't have a website. I am in the process of one though. It definitely was not fun. Just under 2 hours of vacuuming. And several emptying/refills of the extracter. And it is the large capacity mytee. But don't worry I didn't leave all that water in the carpets. They were gone over twice to pull water outwith the extracter, and the again with the craftsman wet/dry vac. They were just barely damp by the time I was done. I actually have to give good reviews to auto magic carpet cleaner and enzyme pre-spot. These were the chemicals used. I recommend them. And they are low sudsing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    These are my least favorite types of jobs to do... Excellent work! I don't understand how people can let their vehicles fall into this type of disrepair. Those were some NASTY carpets!
    Agreed!
    Hopefully now they'll learn to keep it looking that nice.
    Up sell some scotch guard app?

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately there was no upsell on this vehicle. I would have done it regardless if there wasn't so much time spent on it. And the worry of time invested/profit made weren't there.

Post Thanks / Like

Magnificent transformation.
    I am always amazed at how some folks are just "pigs" with their cars, never ceases to amaze ......

Post Thanks / Like

Haha absolutely agree. I was talking to my brother/co-worker, actually I was ranting and raving. I just don't see how someone can feel good about themselves getting in a vehicle taken care of like this. And what about when you have friends/family ride along? Thanks all for the kind words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast