autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Boat Detailing - Another Gel Coat Success- B & B Detailing - Nashville TN

Hey Guys - Proud to show off this boat we worked on for 2 days! This is our 3rd boat this week and they are all turning out great I think. I believe I am starting to get a passion for this side of detailing . Let me know what you think!

We have to finish the front on Thursday and start on a 87 foot house boat as well! Having around 10 cars tomorrow booked will seem easy after these boats lol. But I can say that I am loving the atmosphere of the lake to work on and the turnarounds on these boats .
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Detailing - Another Gel Coat Success- B & B Detailing - Nashville TN

Nice work! i can only imagine the serene atmosphere when working on the boat. Bet it beats working on a car in a workshop heh . Btw, i've always wondered how do you clean the surface from the compounding dust/residue when you're working on a boat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!!! Awesome turn around!
    And your using the buff magic..? A rotary or da? I have some buff magic, but the boat I did didnt come out as well.. I was using a flex 3401..

Post Thanks / Like

I commented on facebook but thats really funny we did pretty much the exact boat at the same time. Mine was a lower model number than that one so it was smaller but the stripes down the side are the same and everything. Looks great man!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sevendust View Post
    Nice work! i can only imagine the serene atmosphere when working on the boat. Bet it beats working on a car in a workshop heh . Btw, i've always wondered how do you clean the surface from the compounding dust/residue when you're working on a boat?
    Thanx man - the compound normally wipes off with ease as long as the pad stays clean from my experience - when the pad gets dirty it cakes on pretty thick and can be a pain... if thats the case foaming glass cleaner is non aggressive and can usually remove it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
    Nice!!! Awesome turn around!
    And your using the buff magic..? A rotary or da? I have some buff magic, but the boat I did didnt come out as well.. I was using a flex 3401..
    Never heard of buff magic before - we used rotaries, 3m, Ardenex, and topped everything with Colonite Fleet Paste Wax. on the last boat we did we had to bust out the cyclo for certain areas but the cuts ability just isn't the same with a DA.

Quote Originally Posted by habeba86 View Post
    I commented on facebook but thats really funny we did pretty much the exact boat at the same time. Mine was a lower model number than that one so it was smaller but the stripes down the side are the same and everything. Looks great man!!
    Thanx man - ALOT of work right lol?
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this didn't turn out as good as I thought lol! Not many comments on it :/ Am I beginning to be "that" guy now?!?!?
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Question, how difficult is it to polish a boat using a DA? I know they market the Shurhold towards boat detailing, but from what i (think I) recall, it is a lot more difficult on to do on a boat than on a car. I am assuming maybe one of your employees used a DA also on the boat or did you go solo on this job??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Maybe this didn't turn out as good as I thought lol! Not many comments on it :/ Am I beginning to be "that" guy now?!?!?
    No. Not from my perspective anyway.
    Congrats on expanding B&B...the diversity of vehicles that B&B details always end with the same result. Blinged Out!!!

Once again, persistence and dedication to the craft prevails.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bl3ujay07 View Post
    Looks great! Question, how difficult is it to polish a boat using a DA? I know they market the Shurhold towards boat detailing, but from what i (think I) recall, it is a lot more difficult on to do on a boat than on a car. I am assuming maybe one of your employees used a DA also on the boat or did you go solo on this job??
    Using a DA on Gel Coat is no more difficult than using it on a vehicle..... only the results aren't nearly as good IMO - not even close. This was cut by myself and my partner - no other employees touched this boat with a polisher. Also this was all rotary man - 2 makitas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    No. Not from my perspective anyway.
    Congrats on expanding B&B...the diversity of vehicles that B&B details always end with the same result. Blinged Out!!!

Once again, persistence and dedication to the craft prevails.
    Thanx Vegas - always enjoy hearing from you man. Is that your rig in your profile pic???
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

No. WWW Pic of an 80's model 359 that was at Peterbilt of Bristol last year(VA). Will post my old 359 as an avatar soon - me included.
    I'm done for now (2004) with the superslab and the lifestyle.

Once again, congrats on the job well done.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast