autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Porsche Cayenne One Step - TLC Auto Detail

Hi everyone, today I've got a write up for a Porsche Cayenne that was scheduled for a one step correction. The weather was a bit weird throughout this detail. At the start it was bright and sunny, but by the end of the day it was overcast and dark, and then it started raining right after I returned the car to the customer. I'm only mentioning this so you know why the color looks darker in some of the after pictures.

So, as usual I started with the wheels. These wheels were NASTY and looked like they hadn't been cleaned since the vehicle was new. I used Wolfs Decon Gel to clean them (two applications) and used Blackfire APC to clean the tires and wheel wells. The wheels were sealed with BFWD, the tires dressed with BF Tire Gel and the wells were dressed with CG Bare Bones.

Before:

Wolfs Decon Dwelling:

After:

After the wheels and tires were sorted out I started getting the paint prepped for correction. As usual I started by foaming the the vehicle to remove as much loose dirt and debris as possible. In the foam gun was Meguiars Gold Class missed with Blackfire APC. While the foam dwelled I used a RG brush to agitate all the emblems, body seams, and trim pieces.

The vehicle was very dirty, and had a thick layer of dust, pollen, and road film on it. Here is how it looked before any cleaning.

And here is the foaming process.

After the foam was rinsed off the vehicle was washed with Blackfire soap and a Griots Wash Pad. This vehicle was pretty heavily contaminated so I spent a good amount of time claying the paint and glass.

Here is what the clay looked like after just half of one fender.

After about an hour of claying, the vehicle was smooth as glass, and ready for correction. Here are a few pictures of the swirls. Again, the sun was very in and out, so these are the best I could get.

For correction I used Menzerna Powerfinish on a yellow BS pad on a PCXP. With this combo I was able to get out most of the swirls, and leave behind only the deeper rids. Here are some sun/light shots after the correction.

In addition to the swirls, this vehicle has quite a few scuffs and scrapes on various panels. They were corrected with the same combo as the rest of the paint.

The exhaust tips also received some attention. They are a brushed finish to begin with, so there wasn't a huge turn around, but there was certainly an improvement.

Before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porsche Cayenne One Step - TLC Auto Detail

After everything was corrected I decided to use Auto Finesse Passion as my LSP for this vehicle. It is a WOWO product, and gave the paint a very bright reflective finish. Here are some reflection and final pictures.

That about does it for this job. Thanks for looking, and I look forward to your feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. I didnt know that power finish finished so well, I might have to pick some up just for 1 step details.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RhetoricMixes View Post
    Looks good. I didnt know that power finish finished so well, I might have to pick some up just for 1 step details.
    There is a new version of PF now, and it has less cut than the previous version. I'm not sure which one Dave used, but it looks great, nonetheless.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    From drab to fab. Great job giving that Porsche its self esteem back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great as always! I might have to try out some Menz PF next time I want to do a one step.
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I have a bottle of the old power finish and holding on to it for dear life. If he used the old one them I'm going to begin sleeping with mine. LOL.. Nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    From drab to fab. Great job giving that Porsche its self esteem back!
    I know this is a best-seller and has made billions for Porsche but...no car weighing almost 3 tons should be labelled after the great Ferdinand Porsche!

Post Thanks / Like

By the way: how did you like the Auto Finesse Passion Carnauba Wax? Dust wise how is it? Do you need something like Finish Kare 425 afterwards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast