autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mirror finish on my Black Camaro using Menzerna and PC7424

Dripping wet Menzerna polish on my Black Camaro with a PC7424
    Just spent all weekend (well, 13 hours!) polishing my 2011 RS. Even after careful waterless washing this winter, I still acquired some swirls that I want to get rid of for the summer. Here's what I did...

Washed with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash And Gloss--used my standard 2 bucket/2 sponge method, along with presoaking with my Foammaster gun. I used a very concentrated wash to strip off the old wax and sealant.

Then clayed the whole car using Meguair's Clay kit ($5.00 at a Kmart store that was closing!)

Menzerna SIP (PO83) and a PC7424---polished the whole car, using a total of 3 orange Lake County pads. This polish was aggressive enough to get rid of about 95% of my swirls--just a few random deeper ones that could barely be seen.

Menzerna Nano SF4000--I could have stopped with one polish, but this really amped up the gloss. I used white LC pads.

Another CG Citrus wash, to get rid of all the leftover oils from the polish--high concentration again.

Then a coat of Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze on a blue pad--1st time I've used a PC7424 to apply...this stuff is amazing!

And finally a coat of Black Fire Wet Diamond sealant to lock everything in. I applied this by hand.

I used all these products after reading online reviews, and I couldn't be happier. All were easy on, easy off. I'm just thrilled with the results and amateur can get with the right tools and products. This was my 2nd time using the PC, and the learning curve is so quick.

Only bad thing is that I have friends and neighbors that want me to polish their cars!!

I really like the first picture...the mirror finish is soooo good that I got a double reflection of out basketball hoop!!
    Attached Images

2011 Camaro 1LT RS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mirror finish on my Black Camaro using Menzerna and PC7424

Really really nice! Great work!

Like the license plate also, lol

By chance what is your tire shine? The 3rd photo shows your tire and it has a nice even, but not over the top shine to it.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I LOVE black cars!!!! Well Done!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin fly! haha. Seriously thought that must be one head turner!
    Who said you had to be a guy to like detailing?
    Eva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DealerDetailer View Post
    Really really nice! Great work!

Like the license plate also, lol

By chance what is your tire shine? The 3rd photo shows your tire and it has a nice even, but not over the top shine to it.

After searching endlessly for a tire dressing, I use Bondo Restore Black. It last months, and doesn't give that ultra shiny "fake" gloss. Just a nice deep matte black that last. I've also used the exact same product in different packaging...called Forever Black. A little pricey, but the bottle I have now I bought last summer, and I still have 1/2 left.
    2011 Camaro 1LT RS

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, never used CG'S EZ Creme Glaze, can you top this with a lsp? I always use BF sealant by itself or then top with wax.
    Scott

Club Flex 3401

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by chalkupanother1 View Post

I used all these products after reading online reviews, and I couldn't be happier. All were easy on, easy off.

I'm just thrilled with the results and amateur can get with the right tools and products.

This was my 2nd time using the PC, and the learning curve is so quick.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm always telling people it's not that hard and the results are worth the efforts and you're post here proves that point.

Only bad thing is that I have friends and neighbors that want me to polish their cars!!
    Hey it will pay for your new hobby!

Camaro Clear and my take...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barryscott View Post
    Looks great, never used CG'S EZ Creme Glaze, can you top this with a lsp? I always use BF sealant by itself or then top with wax.

Everything I've read on this CG Glaze is that it best used under your lsp. It has cleaning properties, which work great after you polish to make it lsp ready. I went overboard and washed it after polishing, then did the EZ creme. It is so easy to apply and take off, and makes the surface so super slippery--it's pretty amazing. I have read however, than unlike other glazes, you do not want to apply AFTER your lsp since it could remove it.
    2011 Camaro 1LT RS

Post Thanks / Like
    CG EZ Creme is a great product to use after swirl removal and before applying either a sealant or wax (acrylic based). The only thing that would be better... Blacklight then BFWD...but your choices were spot on and the Camaro...well what can I say...
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Dripping wet Menzerna polish on my Black Camaro with a PC7424
    Just spent all weekend (well, 13 hours!) polishing my 2011 RS. Even after careful waterless washing this winter, I still acquired some swirls that I want to get rid of for the summer. Here's what I did...

Washed with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash And Gloss--used my standard 2 bucket/2 sponge method, along with presoaking with my Foammaster gun. I used a very concentrated wash to strip off the old wax and sealant.

Then clayed the whole car using Meguair's Clay kit ($5.00 at a Kmart store that was closing!)

Menzerna SIP (PO83) and a PC7424---polished the whole car, using a total of 3 orange Lake County pads. This polish was aggressive enough to get rid of about 95% of my swirls--just a few random deeper ones that could barely be seen.

Menzerna Nano SF4000--I could have stopped with one polish, but this really amped up the gloss. I used white LC pads.

Another CG Citrus wash, to get rid of all the leftover oils from the polish--high concentration again.

Then a coat of Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze on a blue pad--1st time I've used a PC7424 to apply...this stuff is amazing!

And finally a coat of Black Fire Wet Diamond sealant to lock everything in. I applied this by hand.

I used all these products after reading online reviews, and I couldn't be happier. All were easy on, easy off. I'm just thrilled with the results and amateur can get with the right tools and products. This was my 2nd time using the PC, and the learning curve is so quick.

I really like the first picture...the mirror finish is soooo good that I got a double reflection of out basketball hoop!!
    Attached Images

looks pretty sweet,you just need a better camera.. not alot of people realize how much work goes into a car.

here these look a lil better..

not shure wich one looks better first one or second one..hmm
    Last edited by style; 04-25-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast