autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Noob got my first shine in. My wife brand new Subie

I tried to get a quick detail in before the 400mi round trip to the water park w/ the wife and kids.
    I work night shift 7p-7a. I got home around 0800, did the two buckets wash.

Meg ultimate wax and wash soap
    Quick clay(Mothers clay from Advance auto)-car brand new but still see some dirt on the clay
    Dry w/ stihl handheld gas powered leaf blower and MF
    Ate breakfast and went to bed at 1000

Got up at 1530 and hit the car again.

First i california duster it real quick
    Then hit it w/ CG Black light+Tangerine 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Hydro-Tech Low Profile Pad using flex 3401(got it the day before)
    I used medium pressure and hope it got some polish power in it(so i read)
    Wipe it off w/ CG V7 because some of the BL dried up and hard to buff off w/ only MF towel.

By this time, it's almost 1800 and i had to get ready to go to work. Luckily my co-worker is driving today. We carpool to save gas
    Here are a few pictures

These picture below were taken the morning before the 200mi drive to the water park. It was extremely cloudy. I got home from work around 0800, went in the garage, cali duster it, and then spray some CG V7 on it. This time i did the whole car, including windows and rims, headlight w/ V7.

The tires needed some shine because i didn't have time the day before. I mixed some PERL 1:1 and shine the tires w/ 3 coats w/ the ~20 min between the coats.

Tires dry to the touch. I love this PERL

200mi drive and the weather clear up real well. Everybody is happy and i'm happy w/ the nice shine. However, i hit some light rain on the drive over. I'll take some post trip picture of the tires and see if the PERL hold up

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noob got my first shine in. My wife brand new Subie

Looks great. I like the redesign of that subie. Quick question: I know you were tight on time, but why didn't you put a wax on it after the black light? It is my understanding that you should follow black light with some type of LSP. I am sure the V7 does a good job, but how about its durability?

-Sparty

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The car looks great! Is that the new XV Crosstrek?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    Looks great. I like the redesign of that subie. Quick question: I know you were tight on time, but why didn't you put a wax on it after the black light? It is my understanding that you should follow black light with some type of LSP. I am sure the V7 does a good job, but how about its durability?

-Sparty
    I was definitely short on time and the only wax i have was the Meg Ultimate liquid wax. I was thinking about it the whole night at work and asked myself why i didn't put a layer of wax on. I remembered after i done w/ the car w/ a layer V7, the car wasn't as smooth as the wax would. However, when i got home in the am, i touched it and to my surprise, it was very smooth. So i didn't feel too bad not putting a layer of wax on. I have a Fuzion on the way and will put it on. We'll see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qballjr13 View Post
    The car looks great! Is that the new XV Crosstrek?
    No it not the Crosstrek. It's just a regular 2012 Sub Impreza Sport Limited hatch back

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap they are looking better and better (subarus)

Post Thanks / Like

The Subaru came out gorgeous, now there's one less think to worry about so you can really enjoy your vacation.....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    The Subaru came out gorgeous, now there's one less think to worry about so you can really enjoy your vacation.....
    Thanks BobbyG. We really enjoyed this little mini vacation. The kids LOVE it. They're sun burned now Back to the grind again. The Subie got some nasty bug kills on the front and mirrors. Was gonna do a quick wash but it was getting dark and i'm TIRED. I drove from Tennessee to GA and took the Smokie Mountain national park route. If yall never drove this route, yall missing some of the most beautiful road in america. It was an awesome drive. I'll post some picture soon

Post Thanks / Like

So after got back from the water park, i didn't have a chance to clean up the car right away. Lots of dead bug on front bumper. I read on here that dead bugs can do damage to your paint. I finally got around and clean it off

Before

After

Oh and the PERL tire dressing holding up well after the trip which got rain on. My favorite Tire dressing. Better than UTTG as far as tire dressing. UTTG is better on interior though