autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

2009 Honda Fit Sport Blackberry Pearl - Learning the G110v2 and review

Ok, I am just getting back to detailing and really wanted to arm myself with the best I could afford to make and keep my car looking great. Here is a short back story so you can all understand a few things before I get into the car itself.

During the Christmas break my mother backed into my car, so I had that repaired and at the same time my hood repainted. These cars are known for thing paint, so why not. Then after I had the car back not a week later I was involved in a rear end wreck, my front end. So back to the shop my car went for a full new front end, and paint. Now after having the car back I was able to also obtain my old hood. Since it was also fresh paint I figured it would be perfect to test my new tools with. A megs G110v2, Ultimate compound, Ultimate polish and final step of NXT 2.0.

So, that should answer why the hood in the pictures coming up looks a bit mangled. It has some dents and etc but I felt it was the perfect way to learn how to use/handle and work the G110v2. I started by watching lots of videos here, reading lots of posts and how to's. Then today I did my first try with the G110v2 and using the 3-pack of pads I picked here Meguiars Soft Buff 6.5 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack, meguiar's dual action foam pads, buffing pads . I got one of each pad, so from harshest to softest UC to UP to NXT.

Using the methods I learned from watching and reading here I did two runs with UC to get as many of the swirls and scratches out. Some however from the accident are deep so they left minor traces of themselves, but I expected that. I then did two runs with UP again with the methods I learned here. And then a final pass with NXT 2.0 and the finish pad.

Needless to say I was very impressed, the G110v2 was not hard at all to use, very easy to control and move. The methods outlined here in videos and posts are spot on, they make it very easy to learn. The results are below in the following 7 pictures.

This first picture is a close up to show the swirls now gone on the area I used the G110v2, which was about 2sq feet of area.

This next picture is an overview shot where you can really see the color depth has changed drastically from the products, this whole process took about 10-15 mins with me being extra careful on taking my time.

This picture again just shows the difference.

This picture is in direct sunlight, if you look up the slope of the hood you can see the color change from the untouched area, as well if you look to the left.

This is another direct sunlight photo, again showing the drastic color depth and shine difference.

Another direct sun picture.

And finally a shot with a dollar bill, this is a little hard to see but there is a huge difference in person between the untouched area and the buffed area.

Overall, the G110v2 seems like a winner to me, it again is very easy to use, easy to control and feels good while working. Which when doing an entire vehicle is important unless you like a lot of soreness after you are done.

This weekend I will be tackling the whole car with the same process, I will of course post photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2009 Honda Fit Sport Blackberry Pearl - Learning the G110v2 and review

Thanks for the review! great pics and comparison.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ALL4SPL View Post

Using the methods I learned from watching and reading here I did two runs with UC to get as many of the swirls and scratches out.

Needless to say I was very impressed, the G110v2 was not hard at all to use, very easy to control and move.

The methods outlined here in videos and posts are spot on, they make it very easy to learn.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your first experience moving from working by hand to working by machine. Posts like this inspire others to make the move like you have from hand to machine.

Welcome to the machine...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AG and congrats on stepping up to the machine (nice pic to go along with that Mike, now I hear the Pink Floyd song!)

OP, are you on Fit Freak?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I am on fitfreak, fit4spl is my SN over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ALL4SPL View Post
    Yes I am on fitfreak, fit4spl is my SN over there.
    I'm a troll over there, same screen name as here....and everywhere. That color really pops when properly done, you can see a little bit of blue in there after the detail, good job!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can't wait till tomorrow which is when I plan to do that 3 step method on the whole car

opie_7afe

looking great, amazing what some time and effort will do!. one suggestion, try a different wax. I used nxt for a while then realized after a week it looked unwaxed, so i got collinite 845 and love it, durability,looks and price is hard to beat, heck its cheaper then NXT! and can be found local depending on your area, or order it on autogeek and get some other goodies, collinite 845+a beauty wax+ xmt360 spray wax or optimum spray wax = drool lol

Post Thanks / Like

to resurrect a thread: do we know if honda paint on red Honda fit's is single stage, or BC/CC? I have a coworker with a severely *pink* (red) fit, and i believe it's SS, but want to be certain.

BTW great job on the correction!
    I believe in becoming who I am (Translation: You learn everyday.)
    <-Bubba

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the RED/WHITE fits are single stage paint, unlike all the other colors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast