This Bentley required extensive work and an extreme number of hours to get it looking as it should, flawless jet black. I did my best to document the entire process that ended up being right around 130 hours. This was far beyond detailing, this was in restoration territory.

When the new owner took delivery of the car, he took it straight to the bodyshop to have the front bumper license plate holes filled in and then repainted. Once they were done with it, we got to work. There was a lot to do.

Swirls, RIDS (random isolated deep scratches), holograms/buffer trails, overspray, and just about any defect you could ask for.... This was the initial condition, before removing the previous wax to find even more defects.

We did a Dawn wash to strip the previous wax. You can see a total lack of beading on the trunk where we had stripped it off.

After getting it into the shop, we clayed it and I started to document the issues now showing in their full glory.

Under the lights the car didn't even look black. Yes it looked rough under direct light...but how does it look under INDIRECT light? You be the judge....

This was where I started the correction as it was one of the worst areas on the car.

Decided to do a different take on the usual 50/50 shot. How about a diamond?

Remember that INDIRECT light picture? Well this was shot under the exact same lighting conditions.

After compounding steps were completed and medium polishing was carried out..... (final polishing to be carried out later)

Carefully polishing the fuel door with the Griots 3" DA

"Issues" on the passenger door.

Experimented with another variation on the classic 50/50 shot.