autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 130 hour restoration detail - Bentley GT (Auto Concierge & Immaculate Reflections)

Quote Originally Posted by twisted1 View Post
    Wetsand...lol !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can't justify it bro...see post #52...K?
    ### do you care for..Did he steal your business?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 130 hour restoration detail - Bentley GT (Auto Concierge & Immaculate Reflections)

Wetsand...lol !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can't justify it bro...see post #52...K?

Post Thanks / Like

I think this has run its course. Give them your dues and call it a day. GREAT JOB! We all benefit from seeing your work!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Great turn around!

I dont think it matters if he did charge the customer $6,000.00! Its still cheaper than a new paint job! Thats not done at Maaco!

GREAT WORK!!!!!!
    2001-42 Turbo Steeda Focus
    1989 Merkur Xr4ti
    I am the Turbo Princess!!

Post Thanks / Like

I try to be civil whenever possible, however, being as that two PRO's worked on this car, and judging from the pics, I just can't fathom 130 hours.

Mike Tyson paid $40+ million on an $8 million dollar house...so I know that money is not an issue.

Sometimes one just has to call BS...
    You're free to call BS, but you are FULL of BS if you do.

I'm not in the business of embellishing to impress.

Post Thanks / Like

My point has nothing to do with $$$ and I ain't no hater, fa sho, but...anybody that has ever spun 105 on a wheel knows better - just from the pics.

But if ol dude found a mark, bleed em.
    Are you just in here to harass? Have you done a black Bentley to 100% correction? Kindly GTFO and stop trolling my thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I didn't want to be the one to say it, but I was THINKING it...how can two pro detailers take 130 man-hours to polish up a car? This didn't seem to be a concours restoration "let's take the car halfway apart and clean the inside of the gas tank" job, it just seemed like a fairly normal detail on a hacked (although expensive) car. It may be that this was a "job shadow" and the customer only had to pay for one man so it might be half...but as said, nice work if you can get it.

Is this seriously what this thread is turning into? I gave over 100 pics of documentation and thats not enough? EVERY surface of this car was touched. Engine (8+ hrs), Grill (4+hrs), Wheels (6+ hrs)....etc

Client wanted the finest work, refined to the nth degree. Thats what he got and he was very happy.

How many of you have done a 100% correction on a black Bentley?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    It looks like a great deal of detail went into this job.

If I had a job like this (Bentleys are hard to come by in my neck of the woods) i would take hours to tape it up, do everything in my power to make it perfect(a customer with this kind of car would say "take your time, let me know what I owe u. make it shine! dont hold back"), hire a photographer to take pics of the work and definately the after using the pics for marketing (ie website, business cards etc). Also, the customer's expectations need to be met, and this time obviously was needed to meet those expectations.

Im guessing 5-6 days:

Day 1. Prep/inspection/wash/clay/wash/dry
    Day 2. 2nd inspection/ paint readings/ interior/ taping
    Day 3. Compound / polish
    Day 4. Inspection / jeweling
    Day 5. Wheels
    Day 6. Final inspection / LSP / Photos

Not necessarily in this exactness, but i think it makes perfect sense with this kind of job. granted it could be done faster, but i think the finishing pictures speak for themselves!

Nice work Auto Conciege and Immaculate Reflections!

Thank you. Pretty close to how it actually went.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post
    Is this seriously what this thread is turning into? I gave over 100 pics of documentation and thats not enough? EVERY surface of this car was touched. Engine (8+ hrs), Grill (4+hrs), Wheels (6+ hrs)....etc

Client wanted the finest work, refined to the nth degree. Thats what he got and he was very happy.

How many of you have done a 100% correction on a black Bentley?
    I believe you have given the Todd Helmes and the Dave Saunders of the world something to aspire to. In most professions (including this one, I thought) one measure of skill is the abilility to execute quickly, meaning if two detailers got the same result performing the same task, the one who completed it more quickly would be considered the more skillful. Apparently I was mistaken, thanks for correcting my misconception, I will try to remember going forward that it takes 112- hrs to correct a Bentley.

It was a very nice job that you and Bob did, it looks wonderful, the owner entrusted it to the right team!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by jdscooby View Post
    Question is, how the heck did that car get in that bad of shape in the first place?
    That is the question and one thing I always post about work like this is just as important as restoring the car is educating the customer on how to take care of it or have him let you take care of it so it doesn't just end up this way again.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryMobile View Post
    Great write up and documentation of a high quality detail. You guys killed it!

Was this car sealed/waxed, or was a coating put on?
    Very nice write-up and excellent photography work, like others said it's also nice to share the products, pads and tools used so others can follow in your footsteps. I do this in all my write-ups.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast