autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This Getting Old Crap...

...isn't whats happening!!!

I really feel like my arse needs to hit the gym cause I'M BEAT!!!! I was able to detail 3 cars this weekend-2 of them count but not really. I was able to FINALLY pay some attention to my car yesterday. I finally used my foam cannon on my car yesterday. Check out the thread I started for show your foam pics http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...oam-party.html

My sisters roomate called me Friday evening to see if I could detail her car. She said she only wanted the interior detailed but wanted the carpet and upholstry deep cleaned. I told her I didn't have anything that could do a decent job but that I could go out and get one. I wanted an excuse to pick up the Bissell Little Green Machine, so I picked up one yesterday. For what it is, the LGM works really good! I was actually pretty surprised at how good it work. The crap that was in the fill tank was DISGUSTING!!!....SO glad I had gloves.

Here are some before pics for the interior:

The pet hair was the WORST!!!

After:

I was REALLY impressed with the Bissell Little Green Machine! I'm glad I picked that thing up!

After this customer left, I washed my fiancee's RX350.

Aside from the LGM, I was able to try out some Optimum Car Wax that I traded with Dennis, aka ITR43. I was really impressed with it. It doesn't flash as good as XMT 360 Spray Wax, but it looks FANTASTIC!!! I applied it to both mine and my fiancee's car after washing. Unfortunately for me, it rained last night and my car was outside. I actually knew it was going to rain, but I was ok with it being outside cause it already had alittle bit of pollen on it.

All in all...I had a great weekend. I hope ya'll did as well!!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Getting Old Crap...

Alex, you're my hero! That's a lot of accumulated yuckiness. One reason I don't like to do interiors.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

quick question…how did you remover the car seats?
    Who said you had to be a guy to like detailing?
    Eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lokichaos View Post
    Four bolts, it's quite easy
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Alex...I agree with what a former U.S. President was known to cite: "I feel your pain"!

Seems like I stay tired...
    Some of it is related to chronologically ageing...
    Some is related to domestic problems (don't let that happen to you come August );
    and improper body/mind maintenance...something I plan on correcting, soon.

Nice turnaround on the interior, though! Some are a bear, aren't they.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

wow, i got to get that machine! Perfect!! Thanks ALKO!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Alex! I got to used my LGM and its does it really nice job for how much it cost. Was there any special tool you used to remove pet hair? The owner must of been real happy when she got the car back.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    Alex, you're my hero! That's a lot of accumulated yuckiness. One reason I don't like to do interiors.

E...man I was SO glad I had some nitrilite gloves and a mask because she had cat hair all over the car and I'm allergic to cats. When I was spraying down and agitating the panels with OPC this is what came off of the terry towel that I used to wipe it down afterwards:

I used the same bucket to dump the fill tank from the LGM and it turned BLACK! YUCK!!! I wish I had gotten a picture of that but I dumped it before I thought to take a pic. I hate doing interior's that aren't mine or my fiancee's. I'd hate to see these people's houses.

Quote Originally Posted by lokichaos View Post
    Hi Eva...just like the person commented, there are 4 bolts that hold it down and then wire harnesses that connect to the seat-in this case there were 2 of them. You just have to be VERY careful in removing the seat. Its alittle awkward to manuver and just a small tip, when putting the seats back in, put the back of them in first LOL!.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Alex...I agree with what a former U.S. President was known to cite: "I feel your pain"!

Seems like I stay tired...
    Some of it is related to chronologically ageing...
    Some is related to domestic problems (don't let that happen to you come August );
    and improper body/mind maintenance...something I plan on correcting, soon.

Nice turnaround on the interior, though! Some are a bear, aren't they.

Bob
    Bob....Thanks man!!! I apprecaite it!!!

I feel your pain indeed! I've been stressing about alot lately and its impacting my health very noticably. I need to change some habits including diet and exercise. I sincerely hope that I don't experience any domestic issues, but I have been in a very toxic relationship in the past that impacted my life-behavior, health, etc. Its what stress can do to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by bl3ujay07 View Post
    wow, I got to get that machine! Perfect!! Thanks ALKO!
    If you're a weekend detailer like me, definitely get it-and get it at Bed Bath & Beyond...you can use your 20% off coupon on it and save $20!!! My only gripe is you have to keep running in the house to fill it up with hot tap water. Sucks but for $80 I'm good!

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Great job Alex! I got to used my LGM and its does it really nice job for how much it cost. Was there any special tool you used to remove pet hair? The owner must of been real happy when she got the car back.
    I read somwhere, not too long ago, where someone used an interior scrub brush and a vaccum worked really well so I used one of these:

Natural Tampico Upholstery & Carpet Scrub Brush

It took me a very long time to get most of it up. It wasn't 100% but it was a HUGE difference.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that interior came out great.

Interiors are the one reason why I don't do this for money, I simply hate doing them. It's hard enough trying to get the dog hair out of our vehicles alone.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks! I got the same one. I thought you used those pet hair blocks, it looks a lot better.
    Gary

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast