autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a mid-winter quicky - 2010 Legacy GT

Ok , just purchased this 2010 Legacy GT , ruby red pearl. only had 10,300 miles , but most of them must have been from going through the automatic car wash 8 bazillion times. 10k miles and the paint had more "haze" to it then our 130k miles 2001 Sentra that I have yet to do a machine correction on ... and I do hit a drive-thru carwash once in a great while !
    Since it is winter still here , mild but cold none-the-less , I just did a quick wash and wax. The top surfaces could have used a claying I suppose , but they weren't too bad.
    Basically , the paint looked dryer than a popcorn fart.

I washed & dried , then pulled it in the garage and fired up the little propane heater while I washed the other car and did some other chores , the went at it with my small Griots orbital , red pad and Collonite 845.

Obviously , the haze is now just hidden , but the car has a decent wet look now. I can't wait for the weather to break and give this thing a good correction.

Did the best I could with the pics , still learning the camera.

Prewash and from last night when we got it home :

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a mid-winter quicky - 2010 Legacy GT

after:

Looks like a massive swirl mark right at the doorhandle level , doesn't it ? It's just the reflection of the building behind me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just a mid-winter quicky - 2010 Legacy GT

Upclose , with a better camera man , there are a few tough looking water spots and some swirl/etch and what not , but like I said , at least for the rest of the winter it should be pretty well protected. I took my time and got the Collonite worked in there really well.
    Even though it was just a swirl/haze i was dealing with it was bad enough that you could feel a big difference with the orbital every time you moved to a fresh section , until the nice oily 845 got worked around a bit.

Suggestions for a carnuba final step that will work well with this color later after I get it polished out ?

The ruby red pearl is a fantasitic color that I can't wait to work with once it warms up.