autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2004 Volkswagen Phaeton

So this is a the second VW I have done. I personally am in love with this vehicle. It is such a nice car. I don't know, maybe its me. Well this thing showed up a mess. The paint itself is in great condition, but it hasn't been washed in a while. The owner is a stock broker and drives lots of people around and has a 10 year old little girl. Some of the interior pieces are not the best, but overall the car is quite nice. So on to the process and pics.

This was not meant to be a correction, most of my customers want a simple detail with a coat of wax put on. Many of my customers don't even know what a correction or swirls are... But that's fine. When I do go the extra mile, customers don't notice or care even if I point it out...
    I washed it like normal using dawn dish soap as my car wash soap. Put it in the foam gun and went to work.
    The wheels were quite bad and Sonax wheel cleaner went to work and worked quite well other than the couple spots it didn't get.
    As I said before, the interior has some pieces that were not up to par (broken) but that was OK. I vacuumed everything and I used my Bissell little green on the front passenger compartment. The mats came out well other than the hole where his foot sits... I dressed everything with 303 Aerospace Protectant and cleaned and conditioned the leather with Zymol leather cleaner and conditioner (love this stuff). As a little touch I use the Sonic Scrubber Auto(amazing tool) with the little buffing attachment and applied a coat of Collinite 845 to all the wood grain in the car. Makes it look great BTW.
    For a wax I just went ahead and used Collinite 845 like normal. I applied two coats on the top half of the car just for added protection.
    Other than all that, nothing else... On to the pictures!!
    Before:

Sonax in Action:

AFTER:

Thanks for viewing!
    Tell me what you think.
    02 Honda Accord SE 131,xxx Miles
    92 Lexus SC400 83,xxx miles

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton

Nice turnaround. I also love the zymol leather cleaner and conditioner.
    In the 4th picture from the bottom, whats up with the part around where the heated seats are. Is it all chipped up?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Volkswagen Phaeton

Yes unfortunately its chipped off pieces of the coating.
    02 Honda Accord SE 131,xxx Miles
    92 Lexus SC400 83,xxx miles