autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Honda Odyssey wash and wax

Hello,
    Sharing some pics of my 2011 Honda Odyssey. Overcast skies. Outside pics were taken few weeks ago after another wash. Inside pics and workflow list from today. This is a new car so no clay, but recent Optimum Poli Seal application.

I usually use 303 Aerospace Protectant, but got Black Magic Tire Shine for $1.40 at Target a few weeks ago. Decided to try it out. It's an aerosol can. Your supposed to spray and walk away. It's a mess. It gets everywhere, especially when there is a breeze. I used my tire applicator to spread it because I was pretty sure it was gonna sling. I also buffed it out with a MF. Totally not the way they recommended to use it, but I didn't want to deal with cleaning up sling. I didn't like how you can't control the spray and i'll probably just use this on the wheel wells from now on. UTTG is on my Black Friday Wish List (unless its makes it to BOGO this week!).

I used the GG ROP to apply C845 after reading Bobby G's reasoning why he thinks machine application beats hand application. It was much quicker. Sticking to the thin is in rule, with the white paint, it was hard to keep track of where the wax was and if I was putting enough on, but I tried to be methodical and also used the window test that I learned on this forum. In fact, in the end I waxed the windows too.

I had the GG on speed 3. I noticed it takes very little pressure to stop the rotation. Had to keep pressure really light. Sound right to you guys? The other possibility is there is something wrong with my polisher.

Wheels have a prior application of Wheel Wax, so used the leftover rinseless wash and a MF to clean them. Followed it up with some Meg's UQW just for a little extra protection. Wouldn't be surprised if the UQW doesn't last long, but I got lots of it, its easy to use, and it smells so good (best reason to use it).

I learned about using http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-845-trim.html from you guys. It has worked excellent on my truck so I used it here too.

Good Times.

Wash:
    2 BM
    DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss
    Professional Grit Guard
    Plush Eurow MF

Dry:
    =Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel=

Wax:
    Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845
    Griot's Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher Speed 3
    Lake Country 5.5 Inch CCS Pad
    Vroom Plush MF

Trim:
    Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845

Wheels:
    DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax
    Costco MF
    Walmart Wheel Brush

Tires:
    Black Magic Tire Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Honda Odyssey wash and wax

That looks FANTASTIC!!! Nice work and excellent write-up!!!
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Flash Its the kiddie hauler. Constant use since we got it in the beginning of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

VERY nice job!!!! Very nice indeed!!!!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Dear mwtaco

Thanks for sharing!

You and I have nearly identical vans. We just bought our white 2012 in early October.

I'm new to detailing and went with Ultima's Paint Guard Plus. I was considering a dual-action polisher but am afraid to try it.

How long did it take you to learn how to use it?

Did you use it to remove the wax, too?
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like

Man that looks sweet! I love a white vehicle at dusk, especially when it's clean like this. I don't know why but I have always admired a white vehicle during this time of day. Great job!
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck your your new Odyssey. I have had a 2001 Odyssey and my in-laws have a 2009 Odyssey. These are great vans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Man that looks sweet! I love a white vehicle at dusk, especially when it's clean like this. I don't know why but I have always admired a white vehicle during this time of day. Great job!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    VERY nice job!!!! Very nice indeed!!!!
    thanks alex!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear mwtaco

Thanks for sharing!

You and I have nearly identical vans. We just bought our white 2012 in early October.

I'm new to detailing and went with Ultima's Paint Guard Plus. I was considering a dual-action polisher but am afraid to try it.

How long did it take you to learn how to use it?

Did you use it to remove the wax, too?
    hi jaddie
    i had noticed you also have a white odyssey. im new to detailing. i have only used the da a few times. i did a correction to remove swirls on my black 2007 truck. it went very well and the paint has been holding up nicely.

since i only detail for fun and only on my cars the work on my truck will probably be the most challenging correction ill face since my other rides are new and now even my truck paint is "like new".

for my ody i used the da to apply c845 and i removed it with a microfiber towel. several weeks ago i used the da to apply poli seal with a white pad just to tune up the paint finish (automatic washes, old rag soapless washes last winter).

before i bought the da, i had read all of mike phillips' tutorials and watched his videos. lots of helpful tips. everything you need to know is inside this forum.i found an answer to nearly all my questions using the search function. (what kind of pads? what products? what speed setting? etc). and any remaining questions i had were answered by the fine members of this forum.

give it a shot. its a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by longdx View Post
    Best of luck your your new Odyssey. I have had a 2001 Odyssey and my in-laws have a 2009 Odyssey. These are great vans.
    thanks! this is our second ody. had a trusty 2007 that was totaled after a teenager that was texting and driving rammed it off the freeway with my wife and kids in it. all the airbags, front and sides, deployed. not a scratch on my family. i was following them in my car and watched the whole event. needless to say, we replaced the 2007 with a 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife has a 2006 Odyssey with almost 100K miles on it and is has been great for us. My advice is to treat all of the carpet areas with Scotchgard spray. The carpets are in almost new condition and stains clean up very easily including the 24 ounce Dr Pepper that sat overnight - "I forgot about it until I turned the lights off to go to bed and I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to get up and deal with it at night". Fortunately most of it was on the floor mat and I was able to use Folex to clean the rest. Just another one of my extreme detailing makeovers I do several times a year on her van.