autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Auto Detailing™ Bringing you 5hours Light Speed Detailing

Dear all, I bring to you my latest coupe challenge! 5hours from wash, steamwash, correction, polish, wax, and sealing off the car! Check it out and leave me some comments below~

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Auto Detailing™ Bringing you 5hours Light Speed Detailing

Nice write-up

Your company name throws me off abit though
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice restore job.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Nice write-up

Your company name throws me off abit though
    well Optimum is an english word the full product name is Optimum Polymer Technologies so i dont think there is any problem legally unless they trade mark the word optimum

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any difference on the result if OptiSeal is used on top of OCW? I'm just used of seeing sealant first then wax as LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s1tl View Post
    well Optimum is an english word the full product name is Optimum Polymer Technologies so i dont think there is any problem legally unless they trade mark the word optimum
    Legally there may or may not be an issue, but in the forum world, I doubt you'll recieve much love

It would be like me naming my business Swissvax Auto Detailing
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

opie_7afe

imo legaly there is no issue he is not in the country of usa so why would it matter, optiumum is a normal word, and his name for his company would not be like someone having a business names swissvax as swissvax is a company, it would be like swiss auto detail or something, he is not using a brand name, he is using a word, just makes no sense to me why people here keep nagging about the name of his business, i guarentee anybody from OPT would not have a problem.
    op·ti·mum-[op-tuh-muhm] noun, plural
    noun
    the best or most favorable point, degree, amount, etc., as of temperature, light, and moisture for the growth or reproduction of an organism.
    the greatest degree or best result obtained or obtainable under specific conditions.
    adjective
    most favorable or desirable; best: optimum conditions.

so what im trying to say is i think his name is great and goes along with the definition of the word optimum however if he was a hack detailer leaving buffer trails and burnt edges then i would say his name throws me off

Post Thanks / Like

Legally there may or may not be an issue, but in the forum world, I doubt you'll recieve much love

I don't have an issue with it either... not my business... but it throws me off as well.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rspayumo View Post
    Is there any difference on the result if OptiSeal is used on top of OCW? I'm just used of seeing sealant first then wax as LSP.
    Well I prefer to use opti seal on top of ocw becoz I was taught from the first day to do it like this. But logically I think I would want to make the wax last longer right?

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    imo legaly there is no issue he is not in the country of usa so why would it matter, optiumum is a normal word, and his name for his company would not be like someone having a business names swissvax as swissvax is a company, it would be like swiss auto detail or something, he is not using a brand name, he is using a word, just makes no sense to me why people here keep nagging about the name of his business, i guarentee anybody from OPT would not have a problem.
    op·ti·mum-[op-tuh-muhm] noun, plural
    noun
    the best or most favorable point, degree, amount, etc., as of temperature, light, and moisture for the growth or reproduction of an organism.
    the greatest degree or best result obtained or obtainable under specific conditions.
    adjective
    most favorable or desirable; best: optimum conditions.

so what im trying to say is i think his name is great and goes along with the definition of the word optimum however if he was a hack detailer leaving buffer trails and burnt edges then i would say his name throws me off
    thanks man for backing me up and taking so much effort to copy pasta the definitions.

Post Thanks / Like

...Your company name throws me off abit though...Legally there may or may not be an issue, but in the forum world, I doubt you'll recieve much love

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post

I don't have an issue with it either... not my business... but it throws me off as well.
    Actually, our Malaysian distributor has a certification program where he teaches detailing using Optimum products exclusively. If I'm not mistaken, s1tl has completed the program and uses all OPT products...so...we certainly don't have any problem with his name choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast