autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reload and Perl Mini Review

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile and I wanted to do a mini review on some new products my cousin gave me. He recently purchased some CarPro Reload and Perl and was kind enough to give a bottle of both. So after finally getting to try some, I was really impressed by both. I just did a simple wash and wax on my car which was mildly dirty. I did not polish it as I did a AIO with Werkstat Prime at the beginning of the summer.

*I did not treat the front passenger side fender due to damage from my friend backing into it and will be fixed within week. I will being polishing it in the near future.

Products used for wash:
    -2BM with OTC Mothers car soap
    -Karcher Power washer
    -Foam Cannon with mixture of CG Honeydew Snow Foam and Dawn Soap
    -GC Grime Reaper 4:1 with Big Blaster Foamer Trigger
    -Various wheel brushes

Before......

Washing.....

*Side Note: My cousin also gave be a Big Blaster Foamer Trigger to tryout and found the it splatter a bit too much as you can see.

Foam after cleaning wheels and windows....

After wash....

As you can see there is still a fare amount of beading from the Werkstat and also some Megs Ultimate Spray Wax.

The two items being applied...

Reload first, just one coat..

Reload wiped on

*Side Note: After reading other reviews on Reload, I found that for darker colors you can cut it to 1:1 (distilled water). Some people found that if it wasn't cut 1:1 it would stain. I did experience some staining but after wiping with a clean MF it was as noticeable, but still there in certain light (see below).

Perl...

Perl was applied with cut foam pad and wipe on and wiped off.

I also tried it on my tries with just spray it on and let it sit for a bit.

Before:

Final Pictures.....

Final thoughts.....
    The Reload was by far one of the better spray waxes I have used. I only sprayed 3-4 pumps of it on a MF and it would cover a 2x2 section on the car, easy on/off. Like I said above, it was cut 1:1 as was the Perl. I hope to polish the car in the next month when the weather is cooler and properly seal it.
    The perl was also good exterior trim, easy on/off, same for the tires. Waiting to see how it holds up.

Keep it up Avi

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reload and Perl Mini Review

nice quick to the point reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Good quick review,
    only one thing , Reload is not Wax, its inorganic sealant , it will last pretty long time on your car now.
    i hope you followed the reload application, you suppose to spray and wipe off , not to let it dry on surface
    for the Perl, small tip i heard from some other detailers... 2 layers or more will endure the matt shine very nicely on the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't care for reload at all. Products that are finicky are not worth the cost in my book unless they are super incredible. Reload on dark cars is a Pita and its not a product you want to be down wind of ( incredible eye and nose irritant). There are much easier, safer, and just as effective products out there at half the price.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I have layered 4 layers of PERL on my side mirrors and rear bumper cover, allowed them to cure for a day, both dry to the touch and a little more than satin finish, unfortunately on both areas just the morning dew stripped the PERL off and the next days rain completely stripped all the PERL off. Very Disappointing. I have used PERL on interior areas and works well on vinyl and leather surfaces, maybe a better place to use than exterior. Ill be doing a better write up with pics and everything to better explain, I will also be reviewing all Carpro products I recently purchased, the truth is coming lol, keep a look out guys.

\
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Good quick review,
    only one thing , Reload is not Wax, its inorganic sealant , it will last pretty long time on your car now.
    i hope you followed the reload application, you suppose to spray and wipe off , not to let it dry on surface
    for the Perl, small tip i heard from some other detailers... 2 layers or more will endure the matt shine very nicely on the tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks good cus, thanks for all the help this past weekend, couldn't have finished without ya.