autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First use of Pinnacle and Wolfgang

Alright, so this is the first time I have used a Pinnacle or Wolfgang product. I am usually too cheap to spend the cash on these items but when the XMT 360 went on BOGO, I had to give it a shot.

So, I first washed the car with DP Waterless Auto Wash. Very nice product BTW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ioCx0aUyM]DP Waterless Auto Wash - YouTube[/video]

Then, I went ahead and applied the XMT 360 with a 5.5" LC Black pad. I didn't need all that much cleaning so I chose the black pad over the white pad.

I must say that this product is so darn easy to work with. It is fool proof! I worked it in until it was almost gone and then gave a quick swipe with the towel. It just melts off of the paint. I hardly needed to press with the towel and it didn't streak.

Then, I went ahead and applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant to all the paint and all of the glass. This stuff goes on effortlessly by machine and spreads out incredibly nice! It is very easy to ensure uniform coverage.

Then, came wipe off.................OMG this stuff is incredible. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and them wiped it off. OMG this stuff is so easy to wipe off. It makes sealing my car truly a pleasure. I would never spend $40 on a 16 oz bottle but for this stuff, I may buy a GALLON It is so freaking awesome! Wipes off clean with absolutely no streaking! It's better than Meguiars Ultimate Wax in my opinion as it wipes off much easier, actually it just falls off the paint.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAV23UN8ZSU]Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 - YouTube[/video]

Anyway, here are some pics of the total job.

Anyway, I just want to see that I now see why people love XMT 360 and DGPS! They are quite literally, 2 of the most amazing products I have tried ever!!!!!!!!!!

Now she's all ready for college in upstate New York in Geneseo. Let's do it!
    Shawn Tedrow
    Tedrow's Mobile Auto Detailing
    facebook.com/TedrowsMobileDetailing 845-642-1698

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First use of Pinnacle and Wolfgang

So Shawn, how would you compare the WG DGPS 3.0 to Meg's UW? Can you elaborate on the advantages?

Your car's looking great! I envy your crystal black pearl paint. Good job on the detail!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    So Shawn, how would you compare the WG DGPS 3.0 to Meg's UW? Can you elaborate on the advantages?

Your car's looking great! I envy your crystal black pearl paint. Good job on the detail!
    It spreads about the same with the slight advantage going to WG DGPS. It just applies so smoothly by machine that it just feels like butter.

Also, UW has the tendency to streak no matter how careful you apply it. With WG DGPS I noticed extremely little, if any streaking. Sometimes I wasn't sure if it was a light streak or a towel mark that wasn't pulled out by the XMT 360. I will say the latter. But, yeah, there was no streaking.

Plus, it was just so much easier to wipe off! I didn't even have to try to wipe it off, it just fell into the towel basically.

And all of this was done outside with half the car in the sun. And in the vid, you can see I am in the direct sunlight on my black paint.

These attributes makes me want to spend the extra money and buy thw WG DGPS over Meguiars Ultimate Wax.
    Shawn Tedrow
    Tedrow's Mobile Auto Detailing
    facebook.com/TedrowsMobileDetailing 845-642-1698

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Shawn! Thanks for the videos, I enjoyed watching them.

Post Thanks / Like

Props on that work. Best to you at college.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shawn,
    You do seem to know your products pretty well. I have a question for you since you've reviewed the DP Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate.

On one of the BOGO's I purchased DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss. Spray it on, wipe it off, then dry what moisture is left with another dry mf towel. It leaves the surface nice and clean, slick and shinny. I love this stuff, it does a great job.

My question, what is the difference in DP Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate and the Rinseless Wash & Gloss, other than color. They seem to do the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

great review .... now we gotta get you some SSII, Souveran, and Fuzion.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
    My question, what is the difference in DP Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate and the Rinseless Wash & Gloss, other than color. They seem to do the same thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2i0YPz_DBE]How to use a rinseless wash and a waterless wash with Bryan Fuller and Mike Phillips - YouTube[/video]
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

DGPS is proof that you can buy happiness.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha love your reaction on the second vid lol. but anyways you did a great review my friend.

2001 c5 z06
    2000 Camaro SS - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast