autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2005 Pacifica (the wife's ride)

Richy that metallic flake in the paint looks amazing. I am sure the wife was very happy to see her car all nice and shiny!

Post Thanks / Like

I really need an A/C unit in my garage...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    The unit is an Amcor that is 13,000 BTU if I recall. At the time it was the biggest unit you could get on a regular 110 plug. I then bought a dryer vent and cut a hole in the garage door. My father had the inner sleeve made up for me to attach the hose to. It is an absolute blessing to work in the 70's, not to mention that the products work better as well in that temp.
    First off,you did a superb job on your wife's Pacifica-WELL DONE!

Second,thank you for posting the A/C info that helps to relieve you of the sweltering summer heat.That is a excellent idea for something I would DEFINETLY be interested in.

Again,Thank You for the Thread
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

The vehicle looks magnificent....you earned your vacation pay

Being a Duragloss user myself I truly hope that product comes to market, I'll buy that in a wink. I never bought into the "beading is better" theory and long for an easy on easy off no fuss product that flows water off the surface....oh, and inexpensive to boot.

I had to chuckle at the 1st thermometer picture. That's usually the temperature here when I get up at 6AM. Major envy for the garage A/C as you can imagine.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Richy that metallic flake in the paint looks amazing. I am sure the wife was very happy to see her car all nice and shiny!
    Thank you Meghan. It's kind of bittersweet actually because the reason I cleaned it up so well was to get it sold. I am looking forward to using this or the other beta product I'm testing on whatever new ride she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
    I really need an A/C unit in my garage...
    Dude, you do..seriously. I tell people that not only do the products work better, but so does their operator!

Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    First off,you did a superb job on your wife's Pacifica-WELL DONE!
    Thanks Chris, that means a lot coming from you. I've always admired the work you do!
    Second,thank you for posting the A/C info that helps to relieve you of the sweltering summer heat.That is a excellent idea for something I would DEFINETLY be interested in.

Again,Thank You for the Thread
    My pleasure, and thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    The vehicle looks magnificent....you earned your vacation pay

Being a Duragloss user myself I truly hope that product comes to market, I'll buy that in a wink. I never bought into the "beading is better" theory and long for an easy on easy off no fuss product that flows water off the surface....oh, and inexpensive to boot.
    I enjoyed their products from the moment I started using them. Now that I'm somewhat involved with the company on a testing basis, I have even more respect for the people (Bailey brothers) behind the company. They are stand-up gentlemen who are very dedicated to their craft...not to mention pretty darned smart chemists (Phd level!). I am organizing a decent size test group for both of these products and am looking very forward to the reviews and feedback it generates. Can't say much more on that as it is not being conducted through AG.

I had to chuckle at the 1st thermometer picture. That's usually the temperature here when I get up at 6AM. Major envy for the garage A/C as you can imagine.
    I was very pleasantly surprised at how cheaply a very effective system was able to be installed.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought an '05 Pacifica Touring with the 19" Chrome wheels like yours. I'm thinking about damp sanding mine because of he nasty orange peel. The color is the greyish blue (not the light sea blue or whatever it is and not the dark blue).

I'll probably stick with the 3000 grit sanding discs to be safe. I figure it's still less aggressive than grinding on it with m105 until it's clear.....but still peeled. It has plenty of swirled with 115k in it, but thankfully no body work has been done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnoraker View Post
    Just bought an '05 Pacifica Touring with the 19" Chrome wheels like yours. I'm thinking about damp sanding mine because of he nasty orange peel. The color is the greyish blue (not the light sea blue or whatever it is and not the dark blue).

I'll probably stick with the 3000 grit sanding discs to be safe. I figure it's still less aggressive than grinding on it with m105 until it's clear.....but still peeled. It has plenty of swirled with 115k in it, but thankfully no body work has been done.
    They're a great vehicle. Chrysler had finally got it right when they killed it. It had 2 faults IMO, not enough power and poor rearward visibility. They added a cog to the tranny and increased the engine size to cure #1 and added a backup camera to cure #2. Good luck with yours...take lots of pics and post it up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12