autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal View Post
    Hey Great thread here! Those are some pretty amazing results for wiping it on. DId the urethane lay as level as the pics look? Also I didn't use Automotive clear in my thread. I used a clear designed for polycarbonite lense's There is a difference. A big Difference. I'm real curious t see how the stuff holds up. Wow that would be fantastic to see it does. This seems like an outstanding method. Most urethane based products won't hold up to direct sunlight now will they hold up from heat thatis generated from the light itself. The product I've been using with outstanding results is below.

Private Label Products Automotive Products Cumberland Products

The biggest issue I would see here is it not withstanding uv rays.. Man if it holds up. Im on it. Great post. How hard is the actual material when cured. Clear coats won't hold up against rock chips and other elements. Thanks for posting this.
    Thank you Barry. The urethane claims to contain UV protection so i really dont know how long this method will last. And yes Barry, this thing does go on smooth as it looks. Even i was so surprised at how smooth it went on. Im going to do some more testing to see how it looks wiping it on 2000g and 1500g. I will keep updating to see how long this last. Im sure it will last a long time. I mean, hotrod posted up to two years on his thread! But he did buff out the headlight first AND THEN applied the urethane. Since i applied it over a sanded finish i believe this adhered better and i can asure you it will last around 2 years or more. Ill keep you guys updated.
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight restoration 50/50.

So if this is on a spare headlight, how do you plan to properly test this? It will not be exposed to road conditions such as highway speeds, debris, road salt (if in your area), etc. At most you can only set the light outside. Do you plan to do this to your own vehicle or something?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    So if this is on a spare headlight, how do you plan to properly test this? It will not be exposed to road conditions such as highway speeds, debris, road salt (if in your area), etc. At most you can only set the light outside. Do you plan to do this to your own vehicle or something?
    Ive already done this on 4 cars. So i will be keeping an eye on those. This spare one is the one i carry around and show potential customers what the before and after will look like.
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 93fox View Post
    Ive already done this on 4 cars. So i will be keeping an eye on those. This spare one is the one i carry around and show potential customers what the before and after will look like.
    Ok, I must have missed it. Best of luck you and if this works sounds like you may corner the resto market in your area, especially if you offer a "warranty" for the work.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you just talking about 93Foxs method/product used or his technique? Because the products have been used and the guy that started this all

Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea

posted about year and half later from the OP of 1st car he did and it still held up. If you did this as a business side of things you could probably garantee 1-2 years for 50bucks (pair of headlights) for your avg customer with EX a Civic, Accord, Mustang etc etc.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    Are you just talking about 93Foxs method/product used or his technique? Because the products have been used and the guy that started this all

Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea

posted about year and half later from the OP of 1st car he did and it still held up. If you did this as a business side of things you could probably garantee 1-2 years for 50bucks (pair of headlights) for your avg customer with EX a Civic, Accord, Mustang etc etc.
    I was speaking to the OP about this specific thread. Thanks for assuming I'm too stupid to tell the difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I must have missed it. Best of luck you and if this works sounds like you may corner the resto market in your area, especially if you offer a "warranty" for the work.
    I went to a small used dealer ship and they said they had a guy who just threw compound and went to town. I told them about my method and they didnt seem that interested. After a talked to them a little more they gave a me a car to do. Their jaws dropped onced i was finished and said they would call me from now on!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like

I was speaking to the OP about this specific thread. Thanks for assuming I'm too stupid to tell the difference
    Sorry I didn't mean to offend; I'm just really looped out ATM (long day at work)
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a small used dealer ship and they said they had a guy who just threw compound and went to town. I told them about my method and they didnt seem that interested. After a talked to them a little more they gave a me a car to do. Their jaws dropped onced i was finished and said they would call me from now on!
    That's the key, hard proof of your work! Seriously, I hope this works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

How long does it take you to do a headlight?

Also when you did this did you do it by hand or by a drill?
    Hello my name is Sean

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast