autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A different kind of detailing, a new product used!

For the last 5 years, I've worked at a golf course. I work outside and am in charge of the golf carts and so forth. Anyways, sometimes I will detail the golf carts. A lot of the golf cart is a hard black plastic, so this dull's very quickly and frequently do to everyday washings of the carts and the sun, UV rays, wear and tear, etc. etc.

When I first started working they used armor all to keep this black plastic looking ok. Over the year's there has been many product's used. Obviously they are all bulk product's since there are 80 golf carts in our fleet and they get detailed fully about twice a year with touch ups in between.

Now to the good stuff. I've mentioned this product before, but we've had GREAT success with Zep All Around. It's meant as a vinyl and rubber protectant, and lasts FOREVER. Well, not literally, but it will last on our golf carts for at least 2 months. Now remember, the golf carts get washed EVERYDAY so this stuff lasts.

Here are some pics:

I know, I missed a very small spot just above the wheel well!

And the product! Everything was simply applied with a sponge. The sponge doesn't soak up the product at all and spreads very easily. About 50% of these golf cart's are black plastic and I can do the entire cart in under 5 min.

Now, some may be thinking, can you use this on our cars!! Well, sure! Why not! I've tried some on my car and experimented. Some areas are nice with it, other's not so much. Any area on a vehicle that may be of a corser, rougher plastic and not that smooth plastic (such as bewteen windows on many sedans), it will work great. For instance, the back of my mirrors on my Mustang are this rougher plastic and it works AWESOME. Also will work great for wheel wells on large trucks.

It can work on tires, but won't last a long time. Also, this product does streak fairly easily WHEN applying it. The best applicator to use IMO on a car would be terry or microfiber applicators, I prefer terry.

Now, IMO, the absolute PERFECT area for this product if you so choose to try it, is the engine bay. After it is properly cleaned, I simply spray the entire engine bay that has any black showing. For larger areas, I'll spread with the terry applicator. Let me say this, my engine bay has NEVER stayed so "protected" and looking as nice as it is EVER. This will last and last through many many rain storms. Another plus of this product is grease, tar, dirt, dust, will just slide right off with some water and a gentle cleansing if you wish.

Here is a pic of the day I dressed my engine:

I hope you all enjoyed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just going by your review I may have to get some, I've seen other people on other boards talk about it and seems like they all have nothing but good to say. Can I order it or do you have to be somebody that buys in bulk (i.e. your golf place)?
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good man, reminds me of 303. With 303 dirt and stuff doesnt stick to it. How is dirt with this stuff?

Post Thanks / Like
    Surfer, I've checked Zep's website in the past since I was curious myself about ordering my own. It looks like their products are more aimed at selling to larger commercial industries. For they offer 55 gal. drum, 20 gal. drum, 4 gal case, case of 12 quarts. They do have listed a single quart (which is the size of the bottled I pictured) but have no prices with these.
    BTW, with the 80 golf carts we have, we can do the entire fleet with about 2 1/2 - 3 bottles.

Dan - the dirt just slides off. I've yet to try 303, but I plan on using that on exterior and interior vinyl due to it's high UV protection ratings.

Post Thanks / Like
    303 is awesome man, youll love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I want one, go steal a bottle and I'll pay you lol

No sh!t this reminds me of what just happened the other day. I was at my office and ordered from this Italian restaurant down the street. Last couple times I kept eating there, I kept saying "god damn these fries are good". So I ordered their awsome buffalo chicken and french fry appetizer dish again. I actually called them back and asked to speak with the manager, they thought I was calling to complain lol, "no, I just wanted to ask where you get these fries from???". They started laughing and said your not the only one whose called about the fries, she gave me the name of the company, called Sysco. I called their FL distributer office and they said they only deliver to bulk buyers (restaurants etc). That sucked, their fries are friggen incredible!!!
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, sysco is pretty popular around here.

At my work we have 2 full cases and about half another; so about 16-20 bottles. Haha. The bottles all come with sprayers, so when any are empty, I'm gonna start snaggin em.

Honestly, wouldn't be a problem if you wanted a bottle. I don't know when I'd be able to grab a few since it's winter and it's basically closed, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    Yea, sysco is pretty popular around here.

At my work we have 2 full cases and about half another; so about 16-20 bottles. Haha. The bottles all come with sprayers, so when any are empty, I'm gonna start snaggin em.

Honestly, wouldn't be a problem if you wanted a bottle. I don't know when I'd be able to grab a few since it's winter and it's basically closed, lol.
    What, to restaurants up there? Their fries are soooooooooo good, when that Italian place makes them, their perfect, not like greasy fast food fries. I tried to convince the lady at the distributership I was talking to to let me buy some but she would go for it LOL.

Well, next time when you snag an empty bottle, snag me a full bottle . Wonder how much they cost "each"?
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea. Zep actually has a lot of products devoted to auto's. Being primarily a bulk dealer, I bet they're decently priced.

And yea, I see sysco everywhere, in fact, the grill room at my golf course get's some stuff from sysco.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet engine! She looks hot. What kind of cold air intake is that? Do you cover the chrome up before you spray your product? How long dose the product last on your engine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast