Ok so flash back to 3 nights ago. I'm driving home on the freeway with my GF and BAM! I nail a giant pothole (shocking to see those in Minnesota.... sarcasm). My front left wheels hubcap flies off and I see the driver behind me swerve out of the way. I get home and check out my wheel right away. Bent the crap out of my steely and my tire has a massive bubble going down the entire sidewall.

So yesterday after work I went to get some new tires. Oh the joys of having 5 and 6/32nd tread left on an all wheel drive vehicle. Still plenty of tread left but will throw off the balance of my car, awesome right? So I drop some cash on some new tires. I got some Continental ExtremeContact DWS. $110 compared to my stock OEM Potenzas that run a ridiculous $230/each.

Also, a couple weeks ago I bought some new (to me) 2000 Outback alloy wheels off a guy. So I had them mounted and took off my steelies.

On to pictures.

Before, my steely with rust spots. Crazy good looking huh?

New wheels:

Mounted with new tires:

I put a single layer of DP Tire Gel on using a Cobra applicator:

I also touched up my rubber trim. After this brutally long and cold winter my rubber was in need. I used Einszett Gummi Pflege.

Before:

50/50:

After: