autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My 4-in-1 Review

Seems like these 4-in-1 (FIO) are coming pretty quickly now. Well it rained here in Fl yesterday and it seems that all the roads in my area are dusty and the car gets gross after a rain shower. So I just got my 1 gal of FIO and went to work in the garage. Took about 45 mins max.

Process:

- 2 bucket method
    - Wash bucket had 2 gals of H2O, 1 oz of FIO, and grit guard
    - Second rinse bucket filled about 1/2 way
    - Sprayed down dirty panels with FIO diluted .5 oz to 32 oz water.
    - Washed with Cobra MF/Chenille wash mitt one panel at a time
    - Dried with 20x40 guzzler and then went back with second MF to finish
    and buff dry

Impressions:

Smell: Didn't exactly smell fantastic like I have experienced with all other DP products

Lubrication: Very slick with the wash mitt and most of the water sheeted right off the car after application. I washed barefoot on a concrete slab (my garage floor) and almost fell a bunch of times on water that had made its way onto the floor. Note to self; wear shoes next time.

Drying: Took a little bit of effort to dry, seemed like my guzzler left a little bit of smeared water behind. Took care of it with the second MF towel.

Finish: Left the car SUPER slick. Much better then after a normal wash. I don't feel like I need a QD or spray wax after wards to make my car nice and smooth.

Overall: I would never hesitate to use this product. It was 10x easier then dragging out all of my washing supplies and taking 1.5 hours to do my car. No marring was noticed and I would be surprised if there was any. My car doesn't get super dirty and this will probably be every other week, alternating with a regular wash.

Before:

After:

Last edited by quantim0; 12-27-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like I need to try my DP 4-in-1 as a rinseless wash. I had for a while, but never used it for that purpose.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure that I understand how it works. In the pictures there is hardly any water on the floor. Does the mitt or drying towels pick up most of the dirt ? Got some coming (FIO).

Post Thanks / Like
    So you use the two bucket method and sprayed some on the panel as well? Did the second bucket just have water?

After reading Justin's review and others I orderd a bottle with the 20% sale. I'm thinking it will be nice during the short winter in Dallas when it's cold enough to make normal washing uncomfortable.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review of the product. It looks like it did a decent job. It sounds like it might be a good option for someone in a cold climate when it is to cold outside to wash/wax their car but warm enough in their garage so the water does not freeze. How do you think it would work if your car was really dirty?

Post Thanks / Like
    with Gary Sword. Option in cold climate.
    Great review, and it turn out great. I need to try mine out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just can't get myself to try waterless wash.It seems like it would create scratches. I've been washing in winter for quite a few years and have gotten used to it.Mind you,Id rather have it 80 degrees and sunny but you go with the hand thats dealt.Just my $.02
    You can do it,we can help!

Post Thanks / Like
    The second bucket was just 1/2 full with water. I just sprayed the real dirty sections of the car to make sure that the dirt was properly lubricated.

My car was about as dirty as it ever gets. I would imagine it would do most dirty cars without a problem. If there were lots of caked on dirt, I would want to get that off first. But with road dust and light to moderate dirt I don't think there would be a problem.

I live in Fl and will be using this a lot more. It is much easier then a traditional wash and many people use it without any marring. If used correctly, it shouldn't damage the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you used S&W? I'm wondering how it compares.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have use S&W which is really good for spot cleaning. Like if there is just a little dirt/dust behind one of my tires. But for doing a large job like this, it would be very inefficient.