autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    3M makes the plastic and if installed right you can't tell it is there unless you are w/in 5ft of the car. i don't have it on the front of my car, but i do have it around the wheel wells to protect my cheap GM paint

Post Thanks / Like

clear bras

As far as clear bras go 3M brand seem to be the one that most people feel is the best, but I was aproached at my dealership while having service done by a fellow who does clear bras as a side job when he's not working as a service writer. His prices seem fair and he does a lot of high end cars which would make you think he's pretty good at it. The only thing that that bothers me is the brand of film he uses, it's call Venture Shield. I'm wondering if if anyone on this site has either heard of or had experience with this product. I'm really not sold on this yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Venture Shield I've heard of. To be honest, Clear Bras/PaintProtectionFilms really lie on the installer. Good films should not discolor. Installers usually have a good sense for how visible and how well the overall appearance will be.

Not cheap, but if you truly value your car from the day it's out of the dealership, I highly recommend them for the protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    for the 600-800 dollars most reputable shops charge just get the hood and front bumper repainted every 2-3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Arggg

I dislike Bras with a passion. Why because your vehicle vibrates and it causes the Bra to Vibrate. Well You will not have any stone chips ; However You will have itch from the Bra. Hey if you would like to repaint after time by all means put on a bra. Ohh I forgot about the contaminate on the bra or on the car surface. My opinion for what it is worth no Bra. period.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koibybrian
    I dislike Bras with a passion. Why because your vehicle vibrates and it causes the Bra to Vibrate. Well You will not have any stone chips ; However You will have itch from the Bra. Hey if you would like to repaint after time by all means put on a bra. Ohh I forgot about the contaminate on the bra or on the car surface. My opinion for what it is worth no Bra. period.

Brian
    I agree. I contemplated the same thing so I could take my vette on a road trip later this month; instead, I am opting not to take it.
    You be careful. Do the best you can, and you can avoid a lot of it.
    Sometimes you can't. Then you decide what to do based on how it looks, etc.
    Saturday was warm and windy - very windy!! I was so angry I took my vette out to my appointment - it was like shrapnel was blowing at me (and even tumbleweeds!) from every direction.
    Luckily, she made it there and back no harm done.

Good luck in your decision.
    To each his/her own!

Lauren, imho
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koibybrian

Brian
    PPF shouldn't vibrate considering it's has an adhesive side on the panel. If it was loose enough to vibrate it could come off easily overtime with friction.

I'll definitely have to ask an installer I know. Few of them are actually good or use films other than 3m!

Post Thanks / Like
    i found a clear bra installer on Paint Protection Film - XPEL Technologies Corp.

They guy was awesome.. he came to me, installation is perfect, care is simple.. i'm totally satisfied with my clear bra.

Rick of body skins inc if you're in Illinois.

Post Thanks / Like
    SOrry But reading Killr's post and looking at his avatar makes for a funny comment....but I'll be a gentleman and not say anything..... . LOL
    WWZS - What Would Zinn Say

Teacher by Day: Speed Dreamer at Night

Post Thanks / Like
    all i know is xpel is responsible for the patterns.. the installer chooses what brand of material to use. the guy who did my install uses 3M.. he mentioned he's tried other brands that were less expensive (not sure which ones), but switched back because he kept having to redo them..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast