autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

'04 Z06-Torch Red. "Light" Correction.....

My z06 hasn't been "fluffed and buffed" since June '09. That was my first time using the FLEX on it. Used SIP/ORANGE NANO/WHITE then Zaino. It truly made the finish like it was dipped in red liquid and raised. Took all the scratches out.

I've been driving the hell out of the car since then and wasn't too worried as Zaino has excellent durability.+ I was lacking motivation and simply didn't have the time to give it a good buff.

I chose a very proven method today....Menzerna's NANO polish on my FLEX Dual Action Orbital with a CCS white pad. This is normally a fantastic "finisher" and shows it is. A few slight scratches remain...but I'm ok w/that as I have a little "motor work" coming hence the light duty buffing. The finish really pops just by using NANO. I also love the ease of working with this product and the FLEX is a dream to use. I just did the hood thus far and the pad is soaking in a bucket of DP pad cleanser. I used the same scrub brush that I use to clean the pads to get any residual crud out of it(assuming that is ok?). I clayed it earlier in the week and can't wait to finish it up it looks really nice! Deep gloss and a lot of removed flaws. A few photos:

As you can see, some pitting from USING the car...and light scratches. Nothing major.

Nano was here! I did the hood in little sections, always remembering to "overlap" so it is uniform. Again, I am soo friggin' pleased with how Nano works.

I did a "test" section hence the blue 3m painters tape in the upper left corner. From the minute I could see the menzerna working in after about 3-5 passes...I was.

I will snap a few more once she's all finished up.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: '04 Z06-Torch Red. "Light" Correction.....

Looks great!! Just to clarify, you used SIP then NANO, or just NANO?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, just Nano this time. Previously I used SIP and an orange pad. This time just nano. I'm aware that nano has very little "cut" . At this time it'll do for the car. I'm sure I'll try some other combos like sip-nano then po85rd(dying to try that) that's down the road. It simply needed some tlc. If I didn't have a little motor work scheduled, I'd have gone all out. I'm expecting some light scratching here or there...but those will come out the next time I buff it. Its just about done. An ipa wipe then Zaino is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice color on that vette, and I love the avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to snap a few pics and see it outside. It's about 80% there in the sun. I went easy on it this time, white ccs 6.5" LC pad on the FLEX and NANO by Menzerna. I tried PO85RD on a black pad on the trunk...looks nice then followed with two coats of Z2PRO.

A few shots, hope you enjoy!

Twilight is my fave time to photograph this color. It looks it's deepest! In the coming days I'll likely give it a wash and add a coat or two of Z5 pro.