autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First polish for the Z!

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post

I'm with Zivman on this one. You're the one that brought "GO" in to the discussion. I also read your comment and had a laugh when I see you own a Cobalt. But since you said they were fast I had to check out dragtimes. The fastest Cobalt SS was 10.005 in the 1/8th (no 1/4 mile times listed for Cobalt). The SLOWEST time for a 350z was 8.786 for the 1/8th.

MT say
    Cobalt SS: 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, quarter in 13.9 @ 102.5 mph
    350z: 0 to 60 In 4.7 seconds, quarter in 13.3 @ 105.7 MPH

I don't own a 350Z (I have a '09 G37 Sedan (0-60 in 5.0 seconds, quarter in 13.5 @ 105.3 mph)). So when you say a 350Z doesn't have enough go that's negative and wrong.
    I'm glad you are an e-stat racer and have access to a computer and wikipedia. I have real world results, and have ran faster than both of those times. Like I said, my car isn't stock. If I was happy with my stock "GO" would I have modified my car at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zivman View Post
    I hate to be negative, especially on a detailing forum, where the end goal is to make our cars look their best.

you drive a car, a car guy buys for his daughter... if even that. It's a fwd chevy and there is no disputing that. You can have all the hp you want, and it will still be fwd chevy. If that floats your boat, good for you, but please don't compare your fwd econo box chevy car for 16 yr old girls to a true sports car that has heritage that rivals that of a mustang or corvette
    What about a car being fwd and a chevy makes it a girl car? Fwd is much harder to handle when you have torque. I can't imagine any father wanting his daughter to wreck, as I'm sure a 16 year old girl would with a 13 second car. A 350z has nothing on a corvette or mustang, and as you've stated your opinion, I'll state mine as my original comment was about "go"; you can have all the image you want with your car, but when your heritage "non girly" car is in my rearview, I'm pretty sure I won't be thinking "man I wish I had as much go as he does."
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics. what size pads did you use on your Griot's?

Post Thanks / Like

If I need to detail a rear wheel drive, do I need to use a different sealant?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Yes
    I told him (now them) to stop thread (and forum for that matter)-jacking. Everyones entitled to their opinion, but both of their opinions put together mean nothing to me; unless it's about detailing, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, for your first car you did a very nice job. It look's great.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post
    I'm glad you are an e-stat racer and have access to a computer and wikipedia. I have real world results, and have ran faster than both of those times. Like I said, my car isn't stock. If I was happy with my stock "GO" would I have modified my car at all?

What about a car being fwd and a chevy makes it a girl car? Fwd is much harder to handle when you have torque. I can't imagine any father wanting his daughter to wreck, as I'm sure a 16 year old girl would with a 13 second car. A 350z has nothing on a corvette or mustang, and as you've stated your opinion, I'll state mine as my original comment was about "go"; you can have all the image you want with your car, but when your heritage "non girly" car is in my rearview, I'm pretty sure I won't be thinking "man I wish I had as much go as he does."

let's get down to it, my car makes in the mid 500's for power and is driven by the correct set of wheels, so I doubt you would see much of it in your rear view. I have experience with FWD cars and even at 300 hp, it is asking too much of the front wheels to steer and propel the car. Good friend of mine built up a mazdaspeed protege, and it was all wasted because 250-300 is about all they are good for unless you are a "FROM A ROLL" highway racer. The car handled as good as any fwd out there, but if you tried to get on the power out of a turn, it just spins the tires and under steers.

You can go on thinking about how great your modified cobalt is, and diss the heritage of the Z.... you won't hurt my feelings.

Why don't you just give it a nice buff and wax and let the guys with real cars discuss "go" aspect of them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    no, but you won't need mcdonalds trays to drift it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zivman View Post
    let's get down to it, my car makes in the mid 500's for power and is driven by the correct set of wheels, so I doubt you would see much of it in your rear view. I have experience with FWD cars and even at 300 hp, it is asking too much of the front wheels to steer and propel the car. Good friend of mine built up a mazdaspeed protege, and it was all wasted because 250-300 is about all they are good for unless you are a "FROM A ROLL" highway racer. The car handled as good as any fwd out there, but if you tried to get on the power out of a turn, it just spins the tires and under steers.

You can go on thinking about how great your modified cobalt is, and diss the heritage of the Z.... you won't hurt my feelings.

Why don't you just give it a nice buff and wax and let the guys with real cars discuss "go" aspect of them
    You can have as much hp as you want, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was once slow. Sound familiar? I'm no stranger to fast cars, and my brothers '01 Z06 that me and him built makes mid-upper 500 to the wheels and would blow your z out of the water. I'm used to the power in that thing already. Thats not the point. You're not impressing me, or anyone else by throwing your power out there or dissing my car. You're just filling this board up with trash. You go have fun with your "omg 500HP Z " that you most definitely spent too much money on. I spent around $1,000 on my car and it runs 12s. Just know that it will always be seen as that slow stock car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post
    You can have as much hp as you want, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was once slow. Sound familiar? I'm no stranger to fast cars, and my brothers '01 Z06 that me and him built makes mid-upper 500 to the wheels and would blow your z out of the water. I'm used to the power in that thing already. Thats not the point. You're not impressing me, or anyone else by throwing your power out there or dissing my car. You're just filling this board up with trash. You go have fun with your "omg 500HP Z " that you most definitely spent too much money on. I spent around $1,000 on my car and it runs 12s. Just know that it will always be seen as that slow stock car
    All of us love the car we selected and it doesn't matter what others think. But it certainly doesn't feel great when people try to put your choice of vehicle down.
    I have to be honest with you Jordan. Whether you meant to or not what you said about not enough go could easily be taken as a negative comment. Of course we are all entitled to our opinion but if I would have made that comment I would have expected somebody to respond in some way. Anyway, I'm glad you guys both like your cars!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

My car makes me happy and that's all that matters to me Corey! The comment could be made to go either way, but the people who commented on it flamed before they thought to ask if I was happy with the stock power of my car, which I was not. So I basically said the same thing about my car from the factory, if I'd been happy with it, I wouldn't have modified it. Like Zivman, if he'd have been happy with the stock power he wouldn't have modified it. I've driven 350s and 370s and love the cars but they need about 100 more HP . These guys just got butthurt, which is fair; but I can't say I'd have done the same. If they had said mine needed more go, I would've taken the MATURE route and said "I agree, that's why I modified mine", instead of starting a Which car is better debate.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast