autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 (Complete Correction)

Tad, "Complete" is right! I don't think its possible to do better or more complete work then what you accomplish. On top of that you take the time to document all of it. Really incredible!!!
    I like the US Flag pic

How long did the ex. tips take?
    I see you put your son to work on the hard job! Just kidding of course

I soooo love the attention to detail
    You and your son should both be extremely proud of the amazing work you do!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Now THAT is work beyond compare! Even with that amount of real estate to work with you missed nothing......even the pumpkin on the rear axle!

The lad also deserves his due for hard work and even volunteering. He restored my faith in today's youth, good work on raising that boy Papa.

Beyond superb in every aspect........and done with a PC
    Last edited by RTexasF; 06-06-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

What a great write up and very good work!!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work. I like the blue.

I did not know you could restore chrome pipes in that condition.

Do you find that 303 over PB's extends the durability?
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job and write up Tad. Those tips came out awesome. Lava fields?? Your son is becoming quite a detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's an amazing difference! The truck looks new now! Mind if I ask how long it took you to complete the whole detail?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I love it. Looks like a new truck now. How many hours did you and your son put into the truck? I know that is a lot of hard work right there. Good bonding time with the boy too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok nice try guys you took pics of your old truck then went out bought a new truck and took after shots of it......

Seriously though what a great turn around it really does look like a new truck great job. Its really great seeing a father and son work on something like this together. more kids need to put down the ipods and such and get out there and get there hands dirty. great example. my favorite pic was your son on his back polishing that tailpipe he was into it. again nice job guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Dam Tad, now that is a complete detail in the true sense of the word "detail". Most of the details are just wash and waxes. Awesome turn around buddy, and way to show everyone that you do not need a flex, a pos Griots or the Megs da. Great turn around buddy, you have come a long way in a short amount of time.
    Thank you Dana, appreciate the compliments. I know what ya mean about the Flex/GG/PC/Meggs war. Everytime I hear one brewing up I think "WOW hear we go again" blah, blah, blah"...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    Nice job, looks like brand new!
    Thank you, however I don't think it looked this good when it was brand new...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter View Post
    WOW!!! That looks GREAT!!!
    Thank you Birdhunter!

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt9123 View Post
    Great work as always Tad!

I am curious as to what camera you use? When I do a full Finish Kare paint decontamination and m105/205/85rd in a couple weeks I want a camera that I can actually capture swirls with such as yours. My iPhone just doesn't cut it.
    Thank you my friend, I have a cheap digital I use. I'ts an older Cannon Powershot. Believe me I had a hard time capturing defects and even sun shinning on this one (most pics just wanted to bleed out), because of the light colored paint I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kre8speed View Post
    Man what a turn around! Great looking truck!

Kris
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Tad, "Complete" is right! I don't think its possible to do better or more complete work then what you accomplish. On top of that you take the time to document all of it. Really incredible!!!
    I like the US Flag pic

How long did the ex. tips take?
    I see you put your son to work on the hard job! Just kidding of course

I soooo love the attention to detail
    You and your son should both be extremely proud of the amazing work you do!
    Corey, you are way to kind! I really do enjoy documenting and sharing my details with my forum brothers. Ya I noticed the flag reflecting off the paint and thought WOW what great for a pic. Ya no kidding it's a lot easier for Andrew to get down there on the ground and work that metal than it is for his old dad...lol. He is getting very good at polishing them up to a mirror finish. I think he had 2-3 hours into polishing the exhaust tip and both nerf bars. Thank you again for your very kind words buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Now THAT is work beyond compare! Even with that amount of real estate to work with you missed nothing......even the pumpkin on the rear axle!

The lad also deserves his due for hard work and even volunteering. He restored my faith in today's youth, good work on raising that boy Papa.

Beyond superb in every aspect........and done with a PC
    Thank you for the kind words. You are right, there is definitely a lot of real estate to polish on this truck. Yes Andrew is a fine young man, and I am very fortunate that he genuinely loves to detail and loves working with dad to accomplish things. He doesn't have his drivers license yet, but he does have a car we fixed up for him in preperation for when he does get his license. He details that old car just about every week. Thanks again for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernStyles View Post
    What a great write up and very good work!!
    Thank you for the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Excellent work. I like the blue.

I did not know you could restore chrome pipes in that condition.

Do you find that 303 over PB's extends the durability?
    Thanks AL...You know, I was afraid you'd catch that; (after what I said last week about the WG Vinyl and Rubber Protectant vs. PB's Trim Restorer). After thinking about it more, I really think that 303 offers the best protection, (and as bad as this trim was) I thought it couldn't hurt to use the PB's first, let it cure for a couple of days and then apply 303 in hopes of achieving the best looks and the best protection. Thanks for pointing that out though...J/K...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Excellent job and write up Tad. Those tips came out awesome. Lava fields?? Your son is becoming quite a detailer.
    Thanks Ron, means a lot comming from someone that I have such respect for. Your son has taught my son and myself well Ya lava fields, we have a lot of lava fields here in SE Idaho. I live about an hour or so from Craters of the Moon National Monument... We do a lot of activites out on the "desert"/"lava fields"...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Wow that's an amazing difference! The truck looks new now! Mind if I ask how long it took you to complete the whole detail?
    Thanks for the compliments... Hard to say for sure how long it took, as we were only able to work on it a few hours here and there, but I would guess somewhere close to 30 total hours...
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, you have some SERIOUS skills! VERY impressive work, Tad!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast