autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    very nice now when yo usay dilute, can you please explain how you measure a dilution?

Post Thanks / Like
    I shined the floor with the tire foam by the way. I spray it after I cleaned it and let sit for 20 minutes. I came back and wiped up the remaining liquid. Then I turned the heat and baked it in. No slime and mess! Just a slick finish. I did all the tires, wheel wells and interior with ONE can!
    Man, you guys find some innovative uses and applications for different products!! AWESOME!!
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidity
    you spray the tread on the tires?
    No. Just around the outter edges. That's all.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini
    very nice now when yo usay dilute, can you please explain how you measure a dilution?
    4:1 is 4 parts water to 1 part chemical.
    Most chemical spray bottles have the marking. The Megs bottles in my pic has 1:1, 4:1 and 10:1. You just fill with water to which line of dilution you want, and then fill with a chemical to the top. Pretty easy this way.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin,

How durable is the tire foam? I've used Armor's All's Tire foam in the past, and although it was semi durable, I've had great luck with Armor all's gel. Have you ever tried the dressings from the detailing line from Megs? I want to try them, but I don't want to have to buy a gallon sized bottle. I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck when it comes to tire shine for my summer business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    Justin,

How durable is the tire foam? I've used Armor's All's Tire foam in the past, and although it was semi durable, I've had great luck with Armor all's gel. Have you ever tried the dressings from the detailing line from Megs? I want to try them, but I don't want to have to buy a gallon sized bottle. I'm trying to find the best bang for the buck when it comes to tire shine for my summer business.
    I've used about every dressing there is. AA Gel is one of the best......just takes alot of time to apply then I have to use something for the wells. Megs Hyper Dressing is one of the best for the dollar. It can be cut up to 4:1. The tire foam is just best for me. I like it cause it cleans and lasts ok for my bi weekly customers. Remember, we have alot of gravel roads here. You want a matte look where I live. Not alot of shine. I've had to adapt to my clients needs. Most don't even want it because in one day they will have an orange ring of clay around the outside of their tire!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    I've used about every dressing there is. AA Gel is one of the best......just takes alot of time to apply then I have to use something for the wells. Megs Hyper Dressing is one of the best for the dollar. It can be cut up to 4:1. The tire foam is just best for me. I like it cause it cleans and lasts ok for my bi weekly customers. Remember, we have alot of gravel roads here. You want a matte look where I live. Not alot of shine. I've had to adapt to my clients needs. Most don't even want it because in one day they will have an orange ring of clay around the outside of their tire!
    Thanks for the reply, saved me a thread post. In my neck of the woods I'm looking for durability. We have all paved roads here, but rain maybe twice a week on average. So needless to say I want something that will last at least 2-3 weeks. Also I plan on doing around 2-4 cars a week so I don't want to buy little AA ge bottles every 2 weeks.

With that said and with your experience, do you think Megs Hyper dressing or Silicone-free dressing is a good start? I'm going to try and get some samples from Megs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Justin, as always! What did you use on the metal boxes?

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, that was one messy work truck!

Post Thanks / Like
    As always... great work man... very nice turn around!

I love the heater after floor dressing idea!
    ----2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition----
    --------------------568rwhp/551rwtq---------------------
    -D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-11psi-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast