autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

08 Kia Spectra 5

The shop forman at the dealership I work at asked me to detail his sons Kia Spectra for his prom. This car is washed by the forman once in a while, drivin through our swirl tunnel at work or have one of the dealer detailers wash it. Last time it was waxed was last sumer with Meg #26. The paint was looking gray, swirls all over and RIDS. The goal on this one was to remove as much of the defects as I can in one step and bring back the black paint.
    Thurs at 5pm after work I started the detail, using one of the detail bays at work. I left work at 9:30pm. Returned the next day at 445am and finished the detail at 7am. Got dressed and worked all day. The techs, sales dept and GM were all impressed.

Paint:
    I washed the car with the soap they use at work and a pressure washer. The sprayed down with Zep Citrus 4:1 and rewashed. Then I clayed using First Place finish medium clay and clay lube. I spent 1.5hrs trying to remove dried wax that was on all plastic and in every crevice of this car.

Tires and wheels:
    Cleaned with Zep and various brushes. Wells also cleaned in the same manner. Wells received Meg Hyper Dressing 3:1. Wheels were sprayed with Duragloss Aqua Wax. Tires protected with Meg Hot Shine gel x2.

Engine:
    While engine was cold I sprayed quickly with some water. Then sprayed Zep citrus and used various brushes and MF towels to get off all dirt. Rinsed and blew dry using the air hose at work and towels. Let engine run for a minute then sprayed with Meg Hyper Dressing 3:1 and let the engine run for 15 min. Wiped away all excess HD. Protected the painted surfaces with DG 501.

Trim:
    Cleaned with Zep, brushed and pressure washer. Protected with Meg Gold Class trim detailer. I really liked the Gold Claass this was my first time using it.

Glass:
    Zep pro glass cleaner 32:1, walmart Waffle Weave towels and glass towels. Used Duragloss Aqua Wax for a little rain repeling action.

Polish:
    After speaking with my buddy and awesome detailer, Dave (weekendwarrior on various forums) I went with Meg D151 my new 5.5" LC Flat pads with blue stiff back and my PC 7424. I used the Kevin Brown method and WOW this method and D151 was a winner.

LSP:
    Collinite 845 applied with PC and 5.5" Gold LC flat pad from PAC. Buffed off using Shag Rags.

Before:

After polishing:

Finished:
    Sorry no real sun pics I took these about 650am and then had to work, in the afternoon it was cloudy and rainny so the car was park in doors

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 08 Kia Spectra 5

Nice work. Hope the kid appreciates it.
    So you only used D151 for polishing? That's one strong AIO. Think I'll be getting some.

I have HyperDressing for engine detailing too. Did you turn on the engine immediately after applying?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    Nice work. Hope the kid appreciates it.
    So you only used D151 for polishing? That's one strong AIO. Think I'll be getting some.

I have HyperDressing for engine detailing too. Did you turn on the engine immediately after applying?
    It is strong and very effective.....
    2006 Lincoln Zephyr- 28% Solar Guard Charcoal tint, Pioneer DVD player/In-dash, Boston Acoustics component 5x7's

Future Ride- Either the 2008-09 Mustang Shelby GT or base Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

151 and the KBM was very impressive to me on this car. I applied HD and closed the hood and started the car

Post Thanks / Like

I love well detailed cars, especially if they are average folks' vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the kid appreciated the nice car....and I hope it got him some brownie points with his date

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn1270 View Post
    I hope the kid appreciated the nice car....and I hope it got him some brownie points with his date
    When you're in high school, do girls really care whether you drove a nice car or not? When I was in high school, it always seemed the guys were more into how nice their ride was as opposed to what the girls thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    When you're in high school, do girls really care whether you drove a nice car or not? When I was in high school, it always seemed the guys were more into how nice their ride was as opposed to what the girls thought.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohnramirez View Post
    On the other side....if there are two guys going for the same gal....the girl would always prefer to be seen in the nice looking car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn1270 View Post
    On the other side....if there are two guys going for the same gal....the girl would always prefer to be seen in the nice looking car.
    The ugly truth comes out. I always thought high school age kids (even when I was that age) were the absolute shallowest people around. Your answer just reinforced my thoughts on the subject. I'm glad I obsessed over my car back then!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast