autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: 1982 Datsun (turn around)

Couple of comments...

First... nice save....

I coined a saying a few years ago that goes like this,

Take your car's paint to it's maximum potential

and that's what you've done in this project. You can't always hit perfection because of the condition of the paint won't allow it no matter who you are, how much talent you have or the chemicals, pads and tools you have access to, so the most you can do is to take a car's paint to it's maximum potential and you've done that here as well as the other coatings, surfaces and materials.

Next, here's a quote I learned from another forum member off the first ShowCarGarage.com forum,

"Each one teach one"

And this thread is a stellar example of taking the time to help bring someone else further up the road.

And last but least, I can't count how many old Datsun's I've buffed out and it's always kind of fun. I actually own a 1974 Datsun Truck that I use for a parts chase in Apple Valley, California and it's worth it's weight in gold because,

A) It's pretty much all rebuilt mechanically and runs great, is dependable and gets 20 mpg

B) It's a pre-1976 vehicle, so you don't have to "SMOG" it in in California and one thing for sure, I don't need the Government to help me keep my cars running.

Before

Side-by-side

After

Post Thanks / Like

Nice truck, but you ruined it all by putting that tacky BMW emblem on there!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great turn around! Well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... Just an awesome job. I have to say this is my favorite thread too... now I can not wait to show my son how to do this too... Only 4 or 5 years to go. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Thank you Christian, and yes you are correct I think he is hooked on detailing, he seems to really enjoy all of the aspects. However I think it will be awhile before I turn him loose on the Stang!
    Haha, I figured. I am trying to do the opposite right now; I am 19 and am trying to get my parents more interested in taking care of their cars properly because I won't be around to be their resident detailer in a few years.

But that is great you have your son hooked, there is nothing like standing back and admiring those types of results!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    Wow!! Great job!!

This is a type of project I want to tackle one day, making an old car look like new again.
    Thank you Pie, We appreciate it...

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Isn't it amazing how good a car can look even after it has been completely ignored for years.

Really nice job. I bet your son is counting the days until he gets his license.
    Thank you and yes he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Goose View Post
    What a job!!!
    Very nice...
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    Astounding work on reviving an old car. Truly enjoyed reading this writeup.

Thank you for the share.
    Thank you and we are glad you enjoyed it..

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    Wow! What a project, your son must feel a great sense of accomplishment after that. A great read indeed
    We both thank you and yes he does! Were glad you enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    What a terrific job done and a wonderful presentation, Kudos to both you and your son. This is a testement to your parenting abilities as well. Most kids nowadays probably would have never got past the wash before losing interest and returning to the video games. This thread is a sure show of integrity on behalf of your son and you and datsun as well. Thanks for sharing it , I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    We both thank you for the kind words! We are glad you enjoyed it. Knowing people enjoy it makes it worth taking the extra time to do the write up...

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Great job Tad what a turn around.Matter of fact looks better then some of the guys on here that claim to do details but are actually wash and wax guys.
    Thanks Adam. We appreciate your noticing!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Gloss Auto Salon View Post
    This just may be my favorite detailing thread ever… The story behind it, a father and son working on the kids 1st car together is very heartwarming and then, the work Andrew produced is really impressive!

I have to admit, I read this and turned a little green with envy, my son is 10 and I can’t wait to do something like this on his car with him.

Kudos to you and your son… Darn fine job Andrew!
    Andrew and I both thank you for your kind words, and are very glad you enjoyed it! I'm sure you will do the same with your son soon!

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    wow hopefully my grandson&i can do that when he gets older great job guys
    Thank you, I'm sure you guys will!

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Wow! Very impressive work Tad! It doesn't even look like the same car anymore!

Thank you Chad, we both appreciate your noticing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Couple of comments...

First... nice save....

I coined a saying a few years ago that goes like this,

Take your car's paint to it's maximum potential

and that's what you've done in this project. You can't always hit perfection because of the condition of the paint won't allow it no matter who you are, how much talent you have or the chemicals, pads and tools you have access to, so the most you can do is to take a car's paint to it's maximum potential and you've done that here as well as the other coatings, surfaces and materials.

Next, here's a quote I learned from another forum member off the first ShowCarGarage.com forum,

"Each one teach one"

And this thread is a stellar example of taking the time to help bring someone else further up the road.

And last but least, I can't count how many old Datsun's I've buffed out and it's always kind of fun. I actually own a 1974 Datsun Truck that I use for a parts chase in Apple Valley, California and it's worth it's weight in gold because,

A) It's pretty much all rebuilt mechanically and runs great, is dependable and gets 20 mpg

B) It's a pre-1976 vehicle, so you don't have to "SMOG" it in in California and one thing for sure, I don't need the Government to help me keep my cars running.

From both of us, thank you Mike, we appreciate you taking the time to notice and comment. Knowing that people are enjoying the threads, makes the additional time to do the write ups worth while!

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    Great job
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nissaner View Post
    That is a great turn around! Well done!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Racin10s View Post
    Wow... Just an awesome job. I have to say this is my favorite thread too... now I can not wait to show my son how to do this too... Only 4 or 5 years to go. lol.
    Thank you for the kind words. We are VERY glad that you enjoyed it!!

Quote Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
    Haha, I figured. I am trying to do the opposite right now; I am 19 and am trying to get my parents more interested in taking care of their cars properly because I won't be around to be their resident detailer in a few years.

But that is great you have your son hooked, there is nothing like standing back and admiring those types of results!
    Thanks again Christian, and we truly hope that you get your parents trained.
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...unreal...amazing...stupendous...unbelievable ...beautiful...

All words that describe this detail!! I'm TRULY impressed with the work both of you put into that Datsun and the turn around...please see above!!! Pat your son on the back for a job VERY well-done!
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with pretty much everybody else who has posted in this thread. That is an awesome job you guys have done on that car. Fantastic write up!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast