autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Trashed Caravan! An interior from hell

Okay First I have to apologize for the lack of after pics. I asked my father to grab some after pics (i had done most of the before pics) I had no clue he had taken so few. I was cleaning up after 3 days of work on this van and still had to take the GF out for dinner. I was very sad to see that he did not take more but here you go.

How much would you have charged for this???

Wheels - P21s Gel - 1+ hr dwell time, followed by Poor boys wheel cleaner and a tooth brush, followed by poor boys professional polish and a few finger pockets... and finally a light rub with 0000 steel wools for a couple impossible parts... 3.5 total hours on rims wish i had tried the steel wool off the start just the lightest rub with polish adn wool cleaned up the worst spots very fast. i could not judge it if marred as the owner previously cleaned them with soft scrub and a grill brush so there were fine scratches already there

The outside got a 2 bucket wash - megs gold class
    Poor boys bug squash
    Megs APC
    PB's Pro polish by hand cleaning on plastic mirror casings, Via XP and org pad on dirvers side headlight
    Jams cleaned with DP waterless wash

Inside

Seats: Optimum leather cleaner + PB's natural look

Carpets: Folex + McCloughin Steamer + Bissel LGM + insta hot at the kitchen tap + Megs APC 4:1 + Detail King extractor soap (trial version)

Floor mats: Power washed @ 2500 PSI until the dirt stopped running out then Detail King carpet shampoo + PC with aqua brush... Rinsed with Pressure washer then followed above process

Interior plastics for megs APC 10:1 or 4:1 followed with PB NL dressing

The wheels - there is some chrome hiding under there!

This not being a paint correction job I guess I did not take very many outside shots... heres the rest

The jams

Front end

The hood

And now for the nasty.....

I could not do anything but repeat "Oh my god" as I dug deeper into this one

This one shows the original carpet color! - mats removed

Under the seat latches in rear:

And now the VERY FEW after pics (thanks dad )

Again sorry for lack of after pics... I really am wodnering what you guys charge for this type of clean up. I did this for my sister for 250$ it took 20+hours over 3 days time but it was a gift to her really... i was itching for a chance to clean this heap up.

Thanks for looking

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trashed Caravan! An interior from hell

I run 200$ per day for labor (8 hours)...sooo about 650-700 dollars.
    2007 Mustang GT 5-Speed
    2008 Superduty 6.4 Twin Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

You should at least charge 30/hr minimum when detailing, so you can do the math on 20+ hours. I have done numerous interiors on mini vans like that and let me tell you, having a Mytee HP60 makes cleaning carpet and upholstery like that a breeze, actually enjoyable. On interiors that are trashed, I pull out the makita with a wool pad, a MF bonnet and some APC+ and take care of the majority of the rest of the interior (vinyl, leather, etc.). An interior detail like that takes me about 4 hours and I charge $250 for it alone. It's all about being efficient in the detailing business while still providing the customer with quality that warrants premium prices and will keep them coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

This was for a relative... I know the price was low but I wanted to do the work for her. Good idea about the MF on the rotary... never thought to use the machine to cleanup the inside!

So you do a general wall scrub with the MF bonnet over the wool on all the larger lertical surfaces?

The 60 is abit out of my price range as this is a side job but I am saving for a mytee lite... I hope to speed my self up with that alot!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you did an amazing job there. I sure would have loved to see more of the afters - but judging by what I see, you did some outstanding work.

You may find it hard to believe - but I have done a few interiors worse than that.

Here's a couple from one of my dirtier ones (still not the worst I've had byfar).

For an interior that is bad, the minimum I charge is $200. You can eat up a lot of time trying to get it back to new. You have to figure out the balance of how to quickly get everything done though. For example - I don't know anyone who has a minivan (or SUV, or regular vehicle) as a daily driver that is going to pay $400+ for an interior detail. As far as they are going to see it, take it the local quickie wash and let them do some express details for $75 and they are in perfect condition. Whereas you can sell them on ~$200+ because you are going to be completing lots more than the other guys. But, you have to keep it to where it doesn't cost you to do it.

DLB
    Last edited by DLB; 11-17-2009 at 08:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was nasty, nice job and I am sure your sister loves you for it!

Post Thanks / Like

You got $250 out of your sis!!? That's pretty good actually. In my area that's about what we are charging but I would hope to have done it in a day with two people on the job.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! ur sister most likely passed out when she saw that nice clean Mini Van, very nice job

Post Thanks / Like

i love how people are saying you shouldve charged more, lol. I do my families cars for free. they usually buy me a case of beer and tip me pretty good though!!
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    i love how people are saying you shouldve charged more, lol. I do my families cars for free. they usually buy me a case of beer and tip me pretty good though!!
    He asked...
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    How much would you have charged for this???
    meaning how much would you charge a regular customer, the price for a family member would depend on how much I like them, so for some that might have costed around $1000

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast