autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

O.C.Detailing (Lynchburg, VA.) 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab ***LOTS of pics!***

This truck was brought on the lot and needed a TON of paint correction and ding removal as you'll see in the photos below.

Process:

- Wash via Meg's Gold Class Shampoo with 100% real Lamb's Wool Mitt utilizing the 2-bucket method
    - Clayed only the lower portions of the truck as everywhere else felt fine and time was limitied. Clayed with Meg's Clay and Meg's Final Inspection as the lube.
    - The ENTIRE passenger side had to be wet-sanded twice due to dings and scratches covering the entire side. I hit it once very lightly to try and reduce the number and depth of the scratches (in the photos) but it wasn't enough to fix the problem so hit it again with 2500 grit 3m Wetordry paper (not pictured) and the softest Meg's sanding block I had.
    - Paint correction was attained using Optimum Polish II on LC Orange 6" and 4" pads using my Griot's Garage Dual Action Polisher on speeds 5, 5.5 and 6.
    - LSP was Optimum Poli-seal applied with LC Orange 6" pad with Griot's DA starting on speed 5 and reducing to speed 3 for several passes.
    - Wheels were dressed with the lot's wheel dressing of choice (obviously silicone-based and not great, but it was in a spray bottle and did it's job) as there was NO WAY I was using all of my Meg's Endurance Tire Gel on those monsters...
    - Wheels were cleaned with a light degreaser dilution, Meg's Gold Class Shampoo and aggitated with several brushes. No polish was used on the rims as most of my time on this truck was spent fixing the passenger's side.
    - Windows were cleaned with Stoner's Invisible Glass (exterior only)

Now...ON TO THE PICS!!!

BEFORES:

The dings in this pic were actually just a few of a series of them that went down the entire passenger's side of the truck, starting at the front of the passengers door and ending at the very bottom and end of the truck bed as seen in the pics.

The actual START of said TRAIN of dings down the passenger's side of the truck...

This pic kinda creeps me out...looks like my leg is SUPER deformed by the dings in the door!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: O.C.Detailing (Lynchburg, VA.) 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab ***LOTS of pics!***

Nice little scratch here that never fully came out, but you couldn't really see it by the end of the detail!

And now the driver's side...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: O.C.Detailing (Lynchburg, VA.) 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab ***LOTS of pics!***

No...not a 50/50, just I missed it the first time I passed with the camera.

LET THE WET-SANDING BEGIN!!!!

A VERY sad attempt at a 50/50...

A MUCH better 50/50. heh

Up close of the correction AFTER polishing out the 2nd round of wet-sanding.

Post Thanks / Like

And NOW the afters!!! This truck took me only 13 hours to finish, but I was busting my hump for all 13 hours.

This rear driver's side door should have been wet-sanded, but I don't get paid extra for doing it...so I didn't.

A couple of sun reflection shots here.

And for those of you who LOVE beading like me....

Post Thanks / Like

And that's it! I know it's a lot of pictures, but I try to capture from many angles if possible as I don't have the fancy lights that allow me to take better and less pics. Your comments and criticisms are valued greatly. Thanks for looking.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!! Amazing job and great pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

heh Thank you so much. I'm glad you like them. Sometimes I think I take too many, but I want a good set of befores and afters to display my work online.

Post Thanks / Like

And all this time I thought I would be the only true detailer in Lynchburg! Nice work adrock, we may have to compare notes one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VR8 View Post
    And all this time I thought I would be the only true detailer in Lynchburg! Nice work adrock, we may have to compare notes one day.
    I would absolutely LOVE to meet up with you sometime and chit-chat! Hell, I'd love to even, maybe, possibly, co-detail some cars if you're up for it or have enough business. I'll give you a call and we can meet. And thank you so much for the compliment! You seem to have a better process and time-management. I'd love to learn some things from you. I only do exterior work, but am completely capable of interior work, just need the time. heh

OH! And it you'd like to see more of my work, please visit HubGarage.com - O.C.Detailing (Adam) Garage. It has a few more of the cars I've done.
    Last edited by O.C.Detailing; 09-23-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job, truck looks new again.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast