autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spyker LM85, 599 GTB, 575 SuperAmerica, and F430

Ive been having great results lately with M105, M205, 3M Ultrafina and Fuzion. Thought I'd share a few of my latest jobs, thanks for peekin...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spyker LM85, 599 GTB, 575 SuperAmerica, and F430

Very Nice! Love the Spyker.

Post Thanks / Like

How much are you charging for these high-end cars?

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, I always say if you can't afford to drive them then polish them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by img View Post
    How much are you charging for these high-end cars?
    They start at $300 and go up depending on how far the customer wants to go. The red 430 has all stainless Tubi exhaust and he wanted the mufflers polished, small things like that obviously drive the price up
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJazz View Post
    Awesome, I always say if you can't afford to drive them then polish them.
    and I get to drive them, so that makes it even better.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Spyker LM85, 599 GTB, 575 SuperAmerica, and F430

Wow! Those are some nice cars, and you have made them look amazing! Are those cars representative of the type of customers you have on a regular basis or do you have a few special customers that have exotic vehicles?

Are you working on just the paint or are you polishing everything that can be polished e.g the carbon fiber bits, the head lights, the glass engine cover on the F430? I’m curious because it seems that these cars would require extra care due to the quality of the components. The headlights on my Subaru WRX STi don’t even come close to the headlights on a F430. If you don’t mind me asking how do you care for the unique parts that are found on exotic cars? I know that is a broad question, but I would love to get your insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mn1028 View Post
    Wow! Those are some nice cars, and you have made them look amazing! Are those cars representative of the type of customers you have on a regular basis or do you have a few special customers that have exotic vehicles?

Are you working on just the paint or are you polishing everything that can be polished e.g the carbon fiber bits, the head lights, the glass engine cover on the F430? I’m curious because it seems that these cars would require extra care due to the quality of the components. The headlights on my Subaru WRX STi don’t even come close to the headlights on a F430. If you don’t mind me asking how do you care for the unique parts that are found on exotic cars? I know that is a broad question, but I would love to get your insight.
    Thank you for the comments, about 75% of my work are cars like these. On a detail for one of these cars, you have to pay attention to everything, the carbon fiber, stainless exhaust and especially the leather. The headlights are actually made out of a material similiar to the glass roofs on a corvette. They are very flexible, im guessing to help with impacts from rocks and road debris. Ive never seen them yellow or fade like normal lights. As for the carbon pieces, they recieve the same attention as the paint, even the ones on the interior of the car. I polish then wax everything(Fuzion). The glass over the engine compartment is tempered glass just like the side windows, except for in the scuderia's, which is lexan. alot of the materials that are on these cars are the same as on any normal car, just a bit higher quality, and the customers are obviously way more picky so you have to let them know that what you are doing on their car is above and beyond a normal one. it really comes down to materials, which is where alot of trial and error have come into play. autogeek sells the best stuff you can find and have really helped me with my work. thanks again and let me know if you have anymore questions

Post Thanks / Like

Wow detailing is fun work for you, nice job on the cars! Never seen a Spyker, I like that car!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Wow detailing is fun work for you, nice job on the cars! Never seen a Spyker, I like that car!
    Thanks! for the most part it is pretty fun, but the time crunches that sometimes come with the jobs arent. The Spyker was a cool project because it is 1 of 24 made and only 10 available in the states

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! great cars and detail jobs! Who said we're in a recession!!??!! ..by the way, are those garages "rentals"? Id love it if they had some like that near me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast