autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 76 of 142 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea

Man, wow, every post, all 750 of them, took me all day to read. Can't believe this started in 09 and I never seen it until today. Should make it a sticky. Looking forward to trying this out this week. I went to the store, seen both the can and aerosol, and knowing that most everyone is using the spar out of the can, I still decided on going with the aerosol being that it is easier to transport. I plan on spraying the aerosol into an container then measuring out what is needed to give a 50/50 mix with the MS into a another container(plastic cup). Has anyone else tried this method? I will NOT be spraying the spar on the lights(overspray) but just into a container where then I can remove what I need to transfer into the plastic cup to achieve the 50/50 mix. Any comments on using the aerosol this way? (the aerosal was cheaper and like I said, easier for me to transport).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by langman37 View Post
    Any comments on using the aerosol this way? (the aerosal was cheaper and like I said, easier for me to transport).
    Looks like your gonna be the first to use the aerosol method. Hope it works ok.

Keep us updated.
    Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

I usually wipe the lens clean with a cloth without using any cleaner or I just spray simple green. Is using mineral spirits as a cleaner in the begininning before sanding a good way to clean it, hmm.. maybe that could be the culprit, I'll give it another try again sometime this week to see.

Also, I was doing my sisters headlights yesterday and as I wiped on the sealant, there were tiny bubbles again but then after I was done sealing the whole headlight, I went through the parts again with the bubbles and it eliminated some bubbles with one pass, again some bubbles only. So this got me thinking, maybe it's the way I'm applying it, I use light pressure when applying it , is that right?

Post Thanks / Like

I finally restored my Dodge Stratus 2003 headlights. As some of you already know, i live in mexico, and i had problems finding the OMS. Luckily, i found Rustoleum OMS and tried it out.

I only did the left headlight (sanding/spar sleant). The right one i am doing it tomorrow morning 'cause i got no drill in this moment.

I gotta say i was amazed at the results! They look brand new! Here are the pics:
    (I couldn't take any before photos, but you can compare with the ugly one right headlight)
    That's my daily driver, i have it since it left the dealer.

The right headlight i am doing it tomorrow, but with polished version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-1-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-3-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-4-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-5-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-6-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-7-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by langman37 View Post
    Man, wow, every post, all 750 of them, took me all day to read. Can't believe this started in 09 and I never seen it until today. Should make it a sticky. Looking forward to trying this out this week. I went to the store, seen both the can and aerosol, and knowing that most everyone is using the spar out of the can, I still decided on going with the aerosol being that it is easier to transport. I plan on spraying the aerosol into an container then measuring out what is needed to give a 50/50 mix with the MS into a another container(plastic cup). Has anyone else tried this method? I will NOT be spraying the spar on the lights(overspray) but just into a container where then I can remove what I need to transfer into the plastic cup to achieve the 50/50 mix. Any comments on using the aerosol this way? (the aerosal was cheaper and like I said, easier for me to transport).

The reason most of us use the can over the aerosol is because you get way more product from the can for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

And now the right headlight!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-1-1-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-1-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-2-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-3-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-4-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-6-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-0-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-1-copiar-jpg   Headlight Restoration-new UV sealant idea-2-5-copiar-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalKonz View Post
    Ta-Da. They look great.

We knew ya could do it. It is easy, just takes time.
    Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalKonz View Post

Nice Work GalKonz

Post Thanks / Like

guys....
    As I couldn't figure myself, I'll have to ask....
    I was unable to find here in Brazil a Spar Urethane.... would a Spar Polyurethane work well too ? Has anyone tried using it ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaC View Post
    guys....
    As I couldn't figure myself, I'll have to ask....
    I was unable to find here in Brazil a Spar Urethane.... would a Spar Polyurethane work well too ? Has anyone tried using it ?
    Never tried it, but if you try it let us know how it comes out

Page 76 of 142 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast